Erbe rocked; Hernandez rolling

Frobby

Tough night for Erbe: 5.2 IP, 10 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 0 BB, 7 K's.

Hernandez is having a good nigh tfor Bowie so far: 5 IP, 2 H, 1 R. Hopefully he can go at least 2 more.

What an odd line for Erbe. If you told me that he would have 0BB and 7k then I would have been ready to start a great start for Erbe thread.

Tough night for Erbe: 5.2 IP, 10 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 0 BB, 7 K's.

Hernandez is having a good nigh tfor Bowie so far: 5 IP, 2 H, 1 R. Hopefully he can go at least 2 more.

I cant find a Henandez line anywhere :confused:

There is absolutely no reason to freak out about Erbe. His K:BB ratio is phenomenal (nearly 6:1) and I'd much rather him learn to get guys out in that framework than pitch erratically and give up fewer HRs.

Nice to see Hernandez keep the walks down...

Is David Hernandez working his way up into sleeper status territory? Seems like a lot of people on the board are high on him, Tony has positive things to say for the most part....but no publications have mentioned him, from what I've seen.

How much longer will it take for him to pitch at this level before people start taking notice?

Primarily a mid-90's fastball (95-96 mph at times) with a nice slider and changeup. I've only been able to see him twice so far this season as most of his starts have come on the road. But what from what I've seen, especially last night when he looked great, I can't help but be excited about what's to come from him this season.

Is David Hernandez working his way up into sleeper status territory? Seems like a lot of people on the board are high on him, Tony has positive things to say for the most part....but no publications have mentioned him, from what I've seen.

How much longer will it take for him to pitch at this level before people start taking notice?

BA had him ranked 15, Scout.com has him ranked 13, Baseball Propectus had him ranked 10 before the trade. Oriole Hangout had him ranked 13th, so I don't think you can call him a sleeper.

Archived