My 2016 mid-season report card

Frobby

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What you are not factoring in is that the O's right now probably have the best starting pitching they have had all year. A healthy Gallardo may be the best #3 the O's have had this year. Tillman and Gausman can be as good as they have been. There is nothing stopping them. Those three start 8 of the next 9 games.

Worley was well on his way to being in the rotation before he got hurt. If he is healthy he could regain the form that we saw from him as a long reliever only this time in the rotation. Remember his career totals as a starter are:

29-26, 3.89 ERA, 83 Starts

Despaigne career as a starter is:

9-16, 4.42 ERA, 34 starts, 197 IP

That record reflects pitching for bad teams. This in not a bad team in any way but the rotation.

Wright may have not been great so far this year but he has gone to Norfolk to work on some things. He is 3-0 with an 0.87 ERA. And Buck says he is not ready yet. O's management is going to keep him in the minors until they think he is ready to succeed.

Then there is the starter that Dan will add.

This thing is far from over and there are many twists and turns yet to go. I don't know where it leads to but its been a surprise so far. Don't get down. Come along for the ride. I know you will.

It very well may be Worley and Despaigne who take Jiminez and Wilson's place. The keys are ODay return and whether Gallardo can pitch adequately the rest of the way. A trade may happen but given the track record I hope not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived