Schmuck from the Sun says trade Trumbo

Going Underground

Being that we are both semi-Nats fans here that watch Gio pitch on a regular basis...

What are your thoughts?

My thoughts are trading for Gio is a big favor to the Nats. It just goes to show how appallingly bad our SP is if Gio helps us. As an O's fan, I would give little for Gio. As a Nats fan if I can clear a spot for Lucas or Latos AND get Trumbo, no brainer.

The only thing that is appallingly bad is the fact that out of all the teams in MLB, Gio is the ONLY name you can come up with that might fit. Maybe.

No one is giving us a legit #3 with even the slightest bit of a favorable contract (a requirement for the Orioles, obviously) for a rental, end of story.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't be because when I suggested trading Trumbo because he slumps in the second half, I was heckled and ridiculed as crazy.

So I guess Schmuck and the O's are a bunch of no gooders too.

Stop whining. No need for that.

The only thing that is appallingly bad is the fact that out of all the teams in MLB, Gio is the ONLY name you can come up with that might fit. Maybe.

No one is giving us a legit #3 with even the slightest bit of a favorable contract (a requirement for the Orioles, obviously) for a rental, end of story.

That is what Schmuck came up with.Maybe the Mets want a first baseman.

I think Gio is on fumes. I wouldn't trade for him. I don't understand your point.

Trumbo is a rental but if Lucas can step in or Latos steps in...Nats don't need em.

O's could have signed Latos if he turns out to have anything left....we will see.

I don't trust DD to make any trades, period. He screwed the pooch last offseason. I'd see what Bundy has in the later half assuming innings count isn't an issue.

I don't think Worley is a solution.

I'd give Despaigne a spot start, been impressed with him so far. Beyond that, not many options.

The O's aren't trading with the Gnats. What other teams? Mets? Cardinals? PIT?

Just did a quick glance on BBREF of teams. Honestly Gio is the best fit. The other names are hilarious, Matt Harvey, James Paxton.

At first I hated this idea but then realized that we'd be selling high on Trumbo and buying real low on Gio. With the emergence of Schoop we could do this.

I think Gio is on fumes. I wouldn't trade for him. I don't understand your point.

Trumbo is a rental but if Lucas can step in or Latos steps in...Nats don't need em.

O's could have signed Latos if he turns out to have anything left....we will see.

I don't trust DD to make any trades, period. He screwed the pooch last offseason. I'd see what Bundy has in the later half assuming innings count isn't an issue.

I don't think Worley is a solution.

I'd give Despaigne a spot start, been impressed with him so far. Beyond that, not many options.

Gio has more K's than IP and has an FIP of 3.75. Our IF defense might help him out.

I don't see why a team would give up a #3 or #4 for half a season of Trumbo.

Exactly. And this is at the crux of virtually all of the board's trade ideas, the matches are simply not there. A team out of contention doesn't want to trade for Mark Trumbo, and a team in contention doesn't want to trade a #3/#4 starter.

As has been repeatedly stated, this is a very strong seller's market with too many wild card teams in the mix.

Nobody wants anything out of our farm system, or if they do, we're not getting much back.

Exactly. And this is at the crux of virtually all of the board's trade ideas, the matches are simply not there. A team out of contention doesn't want to trade for Mark Trumbo, and a team in contention doesn't want to trade a #3/#4 starter.

As has been repeatedly stated, this is a very strong seller's market with too many wild card teams in the mix.

Nobody wants anything out of our farm system, or if they do, we're not getting much back.

Trumbo plus would IMO. Not Trumbo alone. I think the Nats would love someone to take Gio. In fact, I know they would.

Once you get Gio, you can come back and say how much the O's fleeced the Nats....

Sounds like a DD deal to me.

Archived