Scott Cash, WVEC

weams

Don't want to lose him but nobody should be untouchable down there. If he is part of package that brings a decent SP in here who is under control for multiple years they have to consider it.

Gotta get a couple years' control!

Yaz and Mancini I'd keep, with Sisco and Walker on the table.
Exactly, Duquette better not trade him. But I don't trust Duquette regarding trades.

We need a SOLID #3. A backbone to our rotation. You HAVE to pay the price for that. NO ONE is off the table. Bundy and Gausman but no one else is off the table.

Career .841 ops in the MiL. .841 in AAA. Usually players don't hit as well when they get to the ML. I doubt he comes near Trumbo, ever.

Trumbo has a career .778 ops. Will Mancini ops .841 in Baltimore? Doubtful. But will he ops at least Trumbo's career average?

I think it's likely, he's a damn solid hitter who's hit at every single level thus far.

Also, putting up a .841 ops in Norfolk is no small feat, it's an extremely tough ball park for offensive players. He's gone oppo a number of times, that means he can definitely hit it out all over Camden yards and get some cheapies just like trumbo is doing.

Honestly, Mancini has too much potential as a everyday slugger to trade for a rental or number 4 pitcher. If we can't package him for a guy like sonny gray who would give us some team control, we should keep him.

Have him come up for September and then give him trumbo and Alvarez's job next year. Trading him for an Ervin Santana or a Francisco liriano is a terrible idea, he's a legit player who's only "knock" is that he's blocked by Davis.

Archived