Donnie Hart

canonfaz

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

Hart enetered the game with a runner on 1st base, and 2 outs.

4 OUTS: 3 Groundouts, 1 Popout

DONNIE SCOTT HART oo (vs. YANKEES, 9/02)

IP:. 1.67

H:;; 0 l

R:l) 0

BB:)0

SO:)0

Pitches: 14 (9 Strikes, 5 Balls)

2016 ERA: 0.00

PITCHES BY INNING

11 (1 Strikes, 0 Balls) *

13 (8 Strikes, 5 Balls)

* Hart recorded 1 out in the 6th inning.

o

Hart enetered the game with a runner on 1st base, and 2 outs.

4 OUTS: 3 Groundouts, 1 Popout

DONNIE SCOTT HART oo (vs. YANKEES, 9/02)

IP:. 1.67

H:;; 0 l

R:l) 0

BB:)0

SO:)0

Pitches: 14 (9 Strikes, 5 Balls)

2016 ERA: 0.00

PITCHES BY INNING

11 (1 Strikes, 0 Balls) *

13 (8 Strikes, 5 Balls)

* Hart recorded 1 out in the 6th inning.

Hart's WHIP is 1.125.

Really enjoyed and learned something from the "Dempsey's Dugout" on Hart and how he grips his two-seamer and slider early and late in the count, vs. lefties as opposed to righties, and what difference he feels there is between minor and major-league hitters. Demper, as always, comes across as a diehard O's fan and booster of new talent, and Hart as a very personable fellow.

http://www.masnsports.com/media.php?show_id=2971078

Really enjoyed and learned something from the "Dempsey's Dugout" on Hart and how he grips his two-seamer and slider early and late in the count, vs. lefties as opposed to righties, and what difference he feels there is between minor and major-league hitters. Demper, as always, comes across as a diehard O's fan and booster of new talent, and Hart as a very personable fellow.

Thanks for this. Here is Roch this am with a Hart quote from Buck:

Hart hasn?t allowed a run in his first 12 major league appearances over 11 1/3 innings and left-handers are 5-for-27 against him. He faced Brett Gardner and Jacoby Ellsbury yesterday in the ninth inning and induced a fly ball and grounder, the former allowing an inherited runner to score.

"Like I said from the get-go, I?m not sure about the rest of it, but this guy?s not scared,? Showalter said. ?He?s going to attack hitters. He knows who he is, he knows who he isn?t. He?s going to have some hiccups along the way, just like we all do and they do, but one of the reasons why we had some attraction to him - spent really the last two years watching this kid - is it?s a guy who threw it over and a guy you could trust."

Hart is a serious candidate to be named the Orioles minor league Pitcher of the Year after posting a 2.72 ERA in 40 appearances at Double-A Bowie.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2016/09/this-that-and-the-other-122.html

Is "Dempsey's Dugout" a post-game show, or is it just a series of articles on the MASN website?

We used to have "Kiner's Korner" up here after Mets games.

The guy sitting next to us yesterday started whining about how you know Buck is waving the white flag when he starts brining in guys like Worley and Hart. I pointed out that Hart he actually been pretty damn good. He also claimed he hadn't attended an Orioles game in over 10 years that they had lost. So much for that streak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The guy sitting next to us yesterday started whining about how you know Buck is waving the white flag when he starts brining in guys like Worley and Hart. I pointed out that Hart he actually been pretty damn good. He also claimed he hadn't attended an Orioles game in over 10 years that they had lost. So much for that streak.

When people say stupid things at the game, I just take a deep breath and ignore them. It happens way too often.

Yankees fans yesterday: "They still haven't given Machado an error for that throw. I can't believe that!"

Me: *sigh*

When people say stupid things at the game, I just take a deep breath and ignore them. It happens way too often.

Yankees fans yesterday: "They still haven't given Machado an error for that throw. I can't believe that!"

Me: *sigh*

I would have given Machado an error on that throw. I think much of the game thread would have too.

I would have given Machado an error on that throw. I think much of the game thread would have too.

He had to go a mile to get the ball, and made the only throw he could. It's not an average play for a major league 3B, therefore it's not an error.

Is "Dempsey's Dugout" a post-game show, or is it just a series of articles on the MASN website?

We used to have "Kiner's Korner" up here after Mets games.

It is a segment on the pre-game show. He usually talks to one of the players about some aspect of their game

The thing is, the guy is not entirely wrong--if he had cited Logan Ondrusek or Odrisamer Despaigne instead of Donnie Hart, he'd be spot on. Buck definitely divides his bullpen into "lead protectors" and "innings eaters for games that I've given up on," and sometimes it seems that he gives up on too many close games. Of course, it's not Buck's fault that the innings eaters have been so bad since the ASG.

Archived