Toronto is now out of the Running for Jay Bruce.

weams

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And so the wheel turns. I've read that Texas has shown interest in Bruce, with Prince Fielder heading for another neck surgery.

Given San Diego's seeming near desperation to unload Upton, I'd imagine the Orioles would have to pay a substantially higher price to get Bruce.

Just Saying.

I see no need for Bruce right now with the team make up. We have the bats from the left side with Kim and Alvarez. You basically have three spots LF, RF and DH and we have Trumbo, Kim and Alvarez that will play against right handers. The one spot we could use is a bat from the right side to go along with Reimold who actually has not hit lefties well. I like the Valencia option but that may be more of a move in August.

And so the wheel turns. I've read that Texas has shown interest in Bruce, with Prince Fielder heading for another neck surgery.

Given San Diego's seeming near desperation to unload Upton, I'd imagine the Orioles would have to pay a substantially higher price to get Bruce.

Don" t see why the O's would want Bruce.

I just don't see where Bruce fits on this team. He has a -1.7 dWAR so he seems like a DH' date=' so my question is does he move the needle that much by replacing Alvarez? Would it be Worth Mancini and Sisco, which is what my guess on the price.[/quote']

Bruce hits LHP much better than El Toro does.

Given that most of the pitchers are RHP, it's not worth letting a prospect go.

Bruce hits LHP much better than El Toro does.

Given that most of the pitchers are RHP, it's not worth letting a prospect go.

Exactly, it would be better of for us to get someone who can hit LHP as a platoon player. I've Danny Valencia's name come up, which I think would be a solid pickup, but if he can't play the OF then who would he replace on the roster?

Exactly' date=' it would be better of for us to get someone who can hit LHP as a platoon player. I've Danny Valencia's name come up, which I think would be a solid pickup, but if he can't play the OF then who would he replace on the roster?[/quote']

to make that work, you would have to dump Burbon and let Flaherty help Reimold back up the COF.

Not sure with Jones and his health, thats a good move.

Archived