Cashner may not Start Tonight.

weams

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I'm very ambivalent about picking up a Cashner-level starter. He's probably about a 5.00 ERA guy as an Oriole.

I have posted this several times. He is an 0-4 with an ERA north of 6 in away games.

If DD trades for this flaming turd, I am sure people will rush to his defense.

I don'a5e2902b6ce06976de03afd009dd4e0d.pngt think DD is even that dumb.

@jonmorosi 3m3 minutes ago

#Padres making progress on trade involving Andrew Cashner, sources say. He may be dealt before start tonight in Toronto.

This fits the DD trade deadline profile, but I would rather just say NO and stand pat if that's all we can get.

He better come cheap.

I wouldn't. At least there is hope for Ubaldo. He's good every other year. Cashner is toast.

Really? You wouldn't trade a terrible 32-year-old pitcher making $13.5 million next year for a slightly less terrible 29-year-old pitcher who isn't owed any salary past this season?

Heck, DD should get a parade if he can get Ubaldo's entire contract off the books for a cheaper player. You could always stick Cashner in the bullpen if he implodes as a starter.

Really? You wouldn't trade a terrible 32-year-old pitcher making $13.5 million next year for a slightly less terrible 29-year-old pitcher who isn't owed any salary past this season?

Heck, DD should get a parade if he can get Ubaldo's entire contract off the books for a cheaper player. You could always stick Cashner in the bullpen if he implodes as a starter.

Was I not clear? No, Cashner is terrible as I outlined and I think it's possible Ubaldo figures out his form next year or maybe even down the stretch. It's not like his velocity is down dramatically or arm is falling off, it's mechanics.

Was I not clear? No, Cashner is terrible as I outlined and I think it's possible figures out his form next year or maybe even down the stretch. It's not like his velocity is down dramatically or arm is falling off, it's mechanics.

Yeah. I saw him hitting 95 or 96 the other day. He looked great.

Was I not clear? No, Cashner is terrible as I outlined and I think it's possible Ubaldo figures out his form next year or maybe even down the stretch. It's not like his velocity is down dramatically or arm is falling off, it's mechanics.

I see no reason to believe Ubaldo is close to figuring it out. And I'm certainly not banking another $13.5 million (plus whatever he's owed for the remainder of this season) taking that gamble.

Ubaldo brings nothing to the team right now. Cashner could at least bring some gas as a reliever. And either way, you would get Ubaldo's contract off the books for next year.

Archived