September call ups

wildcard

This thread is essentially "40-man roster players in AAA". That was all of them.

A more interesting topic would be who the Orioles intend to put on the 40-man for call ups, or who from Bowie is coming up. Mancini is the only one mentioned that fits this criteria.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This thread is essentially "40-man roster players in AAA". That was all of them.

A more interesting topic would be who the Orioles intend to put on the 40-man for call ups, or who from Bowie is coming up. Mancini is the only one mentioned that fits this criteria.

This wasn't all the players on the 40 man. Aquino and Garcia were left off

I would be shocked if Borbon isn't back. Speed and outfield defense is awful on this team and he fills both roles.

If the Orioles make the playoffs, I want him on the postseason roster. The Orioles will only need to carry 11 pitchers in the postseason. So you have five spots on the bench to work with. Four of the five spots will go to Pearce, Rickard, Joseph and Flaherty. Since the Orioles already have Pearce and Rickard available as pinch-hitters, it'll make sense to carry a pinch-runner who can pinch-run for the slower baserunners in the later innings.

It is sooo aggravating carrying Jiminez...so today, we essentially have no backup CF at all, and a limited bench again. If the Jiminez spot was flexible, we could bring up and send down Norfolk players in that roster slot as needed right now for limited single game roles and then send them back down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here is my guess:

Pitchers

Despaigne

Drake

Ondrusek

Tolliver (when healthy)

Wright

Wilson (who will be optioned when O'Day returns in late August)

McFarland (activated from the DL)

Duensing is an interesting case - If he comes off the 60 DL the O's have to make space on the 40 man roster. Not sure what the O's do. Have to wait to see who gets injured.

Note: Not all the pitchers come up on September 1st

Catcher

Pena

Infielder/DH

Mancini (Lee goes on the 60 day DL to make room)

Outfielder

Daniel Alvarez

Rickard (activated off the DL when healthy)

Plus Borbon, Avery and Janish. Yes, I realize they need to be added to the 40 man. Room can be made pretty easy on that thing with the 60 day DL and trimming the fat.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us add J.Liranzo since we have to add him in the offseason anyway to protect him from the rule 5.

Plus Borbon, Avery and Janish. Yes, I realize they need to be added to the 40 man. Room can be made pretty easy on that thing with the 60 day DL and trimming the fat.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us add J.Liranzo since we have to add him in the offseason anyway to protect him from the rule 5.

Who would you cut from the 40-man? There aren't too many options. And only really Lee can go on the 60 day barring injuries this month.

They won't add Liranzo before the off season. Especially not when they are in the playoffs race.

In addition to not including Garica and Aquino, I didn't include Walker from AAA and Bridwell from AA.

I think posters are making a good case for Borbon although if Rickard is healthy I think he will be a better fit because they don't have to DFA anyone to add Rickard.

It is sooo aggravating carrying Jiminez...so today, we essentially have no backup CF at all, and a limited bench again. If the Jiminez spot was flexible, we could bring up and send down Norfolk players in that roster slot as needed right now for limited single game roles and then send them back down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Me too. I can't imagine why they aren't evaluating guys from the farm for the role Jimenez is filling. They've clearly moved on from him. They might find actual effectiveness from a youngster if they'd just experiment. There's got to be a Lefty down there they'd love to see...

Here is my guess:

Pitchers

Despaigne

Drake

Ondrusek

Tolliver (when healthy)

Wright

Wilson (who will be optioned when O'Day returns in late August)

McFarland (activated from the DL)

Duensing is an interesting case - If he comes off the 60 DL the O's have to make space on the 40 man roster. Not sure what the O's do. Have to wait to see who gets injured.

Note: Not all the pitchers come up on September 1st

Catcher

Pena

Infielder/DH

Mancini (Lee goes on the 60 day DL to make room)

Outfielder

Daniel Alvarez

Rickard (activated off the DL when healthy)

Pretty much. I'd like to see Mancini against MLB pitching. Dude is a beast. Walker might come up too if Tolliver isn't healthy enough.

Archived