If there as was a "must win game"

Bird Dog

He also had 9 Ks in 4 innings.

He has talent, but he is frustrating to watch too.

It didn't help, that the ump was squeezing him too.

Personally I think he's frustrating when paired w/ Wieters.

Wieters can't frame worth a damn. He also his fastball happy and gets into bad sequences.

Also, why is everybody so enamored w/ Gallardo starting an away game playoff scenario?

Gallardo on the road: 6.14 ERA, 1.656 WHIP, 10 starts and only has thrown 51 1/3 IP...so he's averaging 5 IP on the road and an ERA over 6 nearly allowing 2 baserunners every inning. I mean, that's pretty terrible for someone that is pretty unanimously getting the vote.

Also, why is everybody so enamored w/ Gallardo starting an away game playoff scenario?

Gallardo on the road: 6.14 ERA, 1.656 WHIP, 10 starts and only has thrown 51 1/3 IP...so he's averaging 5 IP on the road and an ERA over 6 nearly allowing 2 baserunners every inning. I mean, that's pretty terrible for someone that is pretty unanimously getting the vote.

Because Gasuman is the whipping boy de jour.

Because Gausman can't get his offense to score any runs!

I'm guessing the people choosing Gallardo are doing so because he has a 3.91 ERA in his last 4 starts whereas Gausman has a 5.40 ERA in his last four, and because people believe (not necessarily saying it will turn out to be a false belief, mind) Gallardo is turning some kind of corner. (2.25 ERA in his last 2 starts, of course)

Archived