vs. BLUE JAYS, 8/31

OFFNY

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good to see games have been shortened to one inning now. It'll be a lot easier for me to go to weeknight games occasionally knowing I can get home at a reasonable time.

Pfffft. I hung in there with the Orioles through the entire span of the Dark Times. I can hang in there with them through an early 3 run deficit tonight.

One of the "albatross losers" has pitched to a sub 3 ERA in his last three starts.

Something about blind squirrel, nut comes to mind, lol. His mechanics are so ridiculous that they are just as likely to blow up again in an instant. If the standard for our big free agent signing is to have 3 or 4 decent games pitched in an entire season and to have to go in and out of the starting rotation every year because the performance is horrific, well that isn't likely to be a winning formula.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think they can trade Jimenez this offseason. Doubt they will, but there's always hope, right? Miley is really inconsistent, as is Gallardo.

In what world can they trade Jimenez? $13.5m due next season, has been worth 1.2 WAR in nearly 3 full seasons with the O's.

What is a team going to trade for that?

Im as big an advocate of the middle class being squeezed on sports ticket prices as anyone, but the Orioles ticket prices are very reasonable compared to the Red Sox, Yankees, even the Blue Jays.Thats not a legitimate excuse.

I didn't say it was ticket prices, although I would point out that the Orioles are trying to sell very nearly the same number of tickets each year as those three teams are to a much, much smaller market. The numbers dictate lower prices: the law of supply and demand. Boston has (I think) a smaller stadium and nearly 2 million more people to sell tickets too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived