vs. BLUE JAYS, 8/31

OFFNY

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im as big an advocate of the middle class being squeezed on sports ticket prices as anyone, but the Orioles ticket prices are very reasonable compared to the Red Sox, Yankees, even the Blue Jays.Thats not a legitimate excuse.

Boston and NYY fans pay ridiculously for tickets, food, etc at the ballpark. Not even a good comparison. Jays, I would think, would be cheaper in US dollars, as the Canadian dollar is just becoming toilet paper at this point.

In what world can they trade Jimenez? $13.5m due next season, has been worth 1.2 WAR in nearly 3 full seasons with the O's.

What is a team going to trade for that?

One in which the O's take a bad contract back.

Unless they let teams trade the competitive balance picks during the offseason this year...

I think Dan has been trying to dump that contract for a couple years already.

Except Ubaldo has and will throw in just enough few games pitched well to convince them to try it again the next year. And that is what I think will happen again. He has pitched a few decent games here late in the year after being awful all season and that will be enough along with his big contract to keep him in the proposed rotation come next spring. But we are not winning anything with him AND Gallardo in the 2017 rotation, imho.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived