Kim Batting Leadoff - FINALLY

JDBirds10

I've been asking for it all year. Kim is your prototypical leadoff hitter minus his speed (we don't steal bases anyways). I know you can make the argument that Jones has been very productive in this spot but I would much prefer sticking him back in the middle of the lineup in big RBI opportunities. This is our best hitting lineup 1-9 IMO.

1. Kim

2. Schoop

3. Machado

4. Jones

5. Davis

6. Trumbo

7. Alvarez

8. Wieters

9. Hardy

Here's to hoping Kim is still in the leadoff spot once 10 comes back!

I'm happy to see this, too. I like Jones atop the order when he was first moved up there because he was struggling and it helped ensure him a fastball and helped him to get out of a funk, but for the course of the year, I much prefer the OBP of Kim atop the order.

I've been asking for it all year. Kim is your prototypical leadoff hitter minus his speed (we don't steal bases anyways). I know you can make the argument that Jones has been very productive in this spot but I would much prefer sticking him back in the middle of the lineup in big RBI opportunities. This is our best hitting lineup 1-9 IMO.

1. Kim

2. Schoop

3. Machado

4. Jones

5. Davis

6. Trumbo

7. Alvarez

8. Wieters

9. Hardy

Here's to hoping Kim is still in the leadoff spot once 10 comes back!

Well, ummm, the lineup you just posted has Jones batting 4th?

Ummmm, correct. Like I said, put him anywhere in the middle of the lineup 3-6.

You also have 3 RHB's in a row and the MLB leader in HR batting 6th. I don't like Schoop anywhere near the top 4 spots. Just too prone to overswinging and unproductive outs.

As long as AJ keeps hitting with good splits in the leadoff spot I think he will stay there when he comes back. Nice to see what Kim can do in the meantime.

Archived