at. RAYS, 9/07

Sessh

Buck's handling of Kim is what irks me most lately. Why are Bourne, Stubbs, and Pearce getting starts over him? Why is he not even considered an option off the bench?

I just don't get it.

Bourn and Stubbs both had strong days today. They're both better fielders than Kim, which is going to get them time alone. Pearce is in the lineup more often because he is more versatile.

This is not some grudge thing. Buck's trying to put the team in the best position.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bourn and Stubbs both had strong days today. They're both better fielders than Kim, which is going to get them time alone. Pearce is in the lineup more often because he is more versatile.

This is not some grudge thing. Buck's trying to put the team in the best position.

Don't really mind today's lineup, but Kim surely should have pinch hit for Joseph.

How about you pinch hit with Alvarez or Kim? This has been a really poor game from Buck. Costing them this game.

Well it's not because of any past history. Alvarez has never batted against Farq and Caleb had only 2 ABs (1 for 2, a double).

As for Bourn, he's a lefty and has very good career stats for hitting with RISP (.289 / .373 / .405 in a significant 1079 PAs) or at second; ditto for the "clutch" stats. And it keeps his glove in LF.

By not playing one of his better hitters.

I'm not saying it's a grudge. I just don't understand the reasoning. Neither Stubbs nor Bourne are better players than Kim. Defensively, yes. Overall, no.

Archived