If Buck is benching Kim based on poor defense, why is Trumbo still getting regular at bats?

TINSTAAPP

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glad to see Kim back in the lineup. Invariably he'll go 0-4 and look horrible doing it since we've all been clamoring for him, but alas...

I wd have bet on his RBIs, runs scored, or advancing runners making the difference last night.

Kim and Bourn were keys to tonight's win.

o

Also, I think that it was good use of Nolan Reimold to have him pinch-run for Pedro Alvarez after he walked in the bottom of the 8th inning..

I think that if Alvarez were still in the game, he would have scored on that sacrifice fly anyway, but it would have been closer than it was ....... perhaps the outfielder would have relaxed a little more, taken his time, and made a better throw if it were Alvarez running, and not Reimold.

Exactly. It was a bad situation, punch hitting for Davis or Trumbo, but I would have liked Kim in that situation.

OK, but I was thinking of several situations throughout the game: I wouldn't have bet on any one of them, such as the game-ender last night, but that he would have delivered at least once.

Archived