Talk about baseball here.

weams

You don't know my views so don't assume them and it's not like others on here haven't been political, be it Tony-OH on Adam Jones topic or the others in that same topic. On page 6, btw. Same topic in which you quoted a tweet saying good we are talking about this. Cant send mix messages and then say dont. Yet this what you did. Oh and I know I'll be banned for pointing out the owner and your hypocrisy. That's fine as I don't wanna talk about politics in sports but the landscape has changed and it's time to acknowledge that.

I don't care what your views are bud. I'm not even saying that they are bad. Just drop them here. Please. And that does go for all of us. It's a slippery slope so please be quite careful.

You don't know my views so don't assume them and it's not like others on here haven't been political, be it Tony-OH on Adam Jones topic or the others in that same topic. On page 6, btw. Same topic in which you quoted a tweet saying good we are talking about this. Cant send mix messages and then say dont. Yet this what you did. Oh and I know I'll be banned for pointing out the owner and your hypocrisy. That's fine as I don't wanna talk about politics in sports but the landscape has changed and it's time to acknowledge that.

And no, you are not banned for pointing out that Tony and I err too. But if you do not abide by our rules going forward...

Shouldn't all the mods adhere to this policy then? That definitely has not been the case.

I think most of them, including myself try. This thread is an attempt to remind everyone. We are not having politics here for lunch. Go to facebook should you need to vent.

And no, you are not banned for pointing out that Tony and I err too. But if you do not abide by our rules going forward...

And that's fine. All I want is it to be equally applied. With the Clevenger thing it was gonna be political anyway. I just decided to take to it conclusion first cause as you know I rarely jump in a topic that early.

It's a game with bats and balls on a diamond and grass. There's really only so much to talk about, and its been talked about for the past 150 years. Is it possible that social and political matters are more nuanced and call for more analytic discussion (assuming a backdrop of baseball)?

I have nothing political to say on any topic in particular. But when Tony posts his politicial view as the final post on a thread he himself locks, that's very literally ensuring that you get the last word on a topic. If you don't want this kind of discourse on the website, don't add to it yourself.

That's not playing fair.

Tony owns the site. And when any thread gets political it gets locked. And that's fair.

It's a game with bats and balls on a diamond and grass. There's really only so much to talk about, and its been talked about for the past 150 years. Is it possible that social and political matters are more nuanced and call for more analytic discussion (assuming a backdrop of baseball)?

Probably. But that will have to go elsewhere. Just our rules.

I have nothing political to say on any topic in particular. But when Tony posts his politicial view as the final post on a thread he himself locks, that's very literally ensuring that you get the last word on a topic. If you don't want this kind of discourse on the website, don't add to it yourself.

That's not playing fair.

No politics on this board. You can whine and cry all you want on one thread that I shut down for politics and gave my point all you want. Perhaps I should have just shut it down and said nothing, but to try and cry about now and act like we are not playing fair is infantile at best. Grow up, crawl out of your safe space, and realize and follow the rules of these boards.

Weams is 100% right. Stop with the politics. There are tons of places to talk about politics, and whether Adam Jones brought it into baseball or not, we will not discuss it here. Those who can not do so, are free to go elsewhere or will be have their posting privileges revoked.

Trust us, we've tried politics on this site and in fact had a politics forum for a long time. All it did was bleed over to all forums. At the end of the day, the Hangout is a safe place where we can talk with other Orioles fans without cursing, name calling, or taking about religion or politics. I know there is some bleed over occasionally, and we do the best we can to not stop all conversation that slightly bleed over, but for the most part, we err on the side of keeping this place tolerable in a political climate where there's not a lot of toleration going around.

If you are going to be banned, it's going to be about openly complaining about moderation, which is clearly against the rules you agreed upon when you signed up for the site. Let it go, and get back to complaining about the Orioles like the rest of us.

Archived