Win tomorrow and the Jays could be on the ropes

ChuckS

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of being on the ropes, it sure seemed like the Jays were mailing it in during the later innings. First Tulo doesn't run hard on his grounder to Ubaldo, then Pillar doesn't hustle after Trumbo's liner to LCF and Trumbo takes an extra base due to his lack of hustle. And some of their at bats seemed very noncompetitive. They have the look of a team in trouble. Never thought I'd say this, but Go Boston!

Well, here we are.

Toronto has three at a Boston team playing for home field.

I think Baltimore's win just eliminated New York.

And just like that, the final stretch of games looking like raging rapids from 6 days ago looks now like a babbling brook.

Winning 5 of 6 down the stretch will do that to a team.

Even though the O's are now tied with the BJ's, ESPN gives Toronto a 90% chance of making the playoffs and the O's a 67% chance. I guess they think the Yankees are a tougher opponent than Boston.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

That's not updated. Check again in the morning.

Speaking of being on the ropes, it sure seemed like the Jays were mailing it in during the later innings. First Tulo doesn't run hard on his grounder to Ubaldo, then Pillar doesn't hustle after Trumbo's liner to LCF and Trumbo takes an extra base due to his lack of hustle. And some of their at bats seemed very noncompetitive. They have the look of a team in trouble. Never thought I'd say this, but Go Boston!

Martin practically walked to first on the final play and that was not an easy play in the hole to SS.

So much to agree with here. Toronto seemed to roll over for us. Maybe it was Ubaldo, maybe it was primadonna frustration. Personally, I don't care either way at the moment. But nobody could say with a straight face that we aren't sitting pretty to host the WC game now. Let's see how this weekend unfolds. Buckle up.

Even though the O's are now tied with the BJ's, ESPN gives Toronto a 90% chance of making the playoffs and the O's a 67% chance. I guess they think the Yankees are a tougher opponent than Boston.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

These were the probs before the game. It takes a little while for the probabilities to be updated.

Martin practically walked to first on the final play and that was not an easy play in the hole to SS.

It may mean nothing, but they look as down as a team can look. Donaldson pissed, Barista sulking, Pilar not hustling, Martin not running. I don't think Gibbons is a guy who can pick them up. It will be interesting to see how they look and play this weekend, or whenever the games get played.

Archived