Fangraphs poll: which playoff teams are most likely to miss playoffs in 2017?

Frobby

I can't argue with it. We have some pretty clear weaknesses and play in the best division in the sport.

Doesn't change my mind about our team, though. We've contended into September in each of the past five years, and have made it to October in three of those five. I think next year will be more of the same. Whether we make the playoffs or not I don't know, but I expect the team to be above .500.

The first team that came to mind for me was the San Francisco Giants. Their lineup is pretty good but their bullpen is horrendous and their starting rotation is shallow as hell after Bumgarner and Cueto. Oh and 2017 is an odd year and we all know how the Giants do in odd years.

The first team that came to mind for me was the San Francisco Giants. Their lineup is pretty good but their bullpen is horrendous and their starting rotation is shallow as hell after Bumgarner and Cueto. Oh and 2017 is an odd year and we all know how the Giants do in odd years.

"Shallow as hell" after the top of the rotation is a much more apt description of the O's with Miley/Gallardo/Jimenez than the Giants with Samardzija/Moore. That's a solid roster.

I think the Blue Jay's have a real shot at winning the world series and not making the playoffs next year.

There is no way they keep Bautista, Encarnacion, Saunders. AND Gibbons will still be their coach.

Sanchez/Happ/Estrada will need to carry them...and they just might. Have to think they'll re-sign at least Encarnacion.

Archived