Fanfest ,Saturday, January 28th 2017

Going Underground

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Justinlstn said:

I thought these were not allowed to be resold?

They're not supposed to be. I saw that written in bold red type as I bought mine this morning.  Don't remember if it specified that last year.....

Not sure how... but it should be enforced. Either enforce it or remove the restriction. 

4 minutes ago, Justinlstn said:

13 minutes ago, CP0861 said:

Wow. Looks Iike the first two have been removed....or sold maybe? Maybe it IS being enforced.

First one is showing as sold...WOW...I'd rather take my chances of hanging out by the dugout before the game for his autograph if I really wanted it that bad.

The second one was removed, probably by the seller.

2 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

First one is showing as sold...WOW...I'd rather take my chances of hanging out by the dugout before the game for his autograph if I really wanted it that bad.

The second one was removed, probably by the seller.

I never understood why people were willing to spend so much over face for these vouchers.  You can go on eBay and load up Orioles autographs for the price of a resale voucher.  Ever stand in one of the lines at this thing?  I'm ok with parents and kids, a lot of the single adults come off pretty creepy...     

1 minute ago, Anziyan said:

I never understood why people were willing to spend so much over face for these vouchers.  You can go on eBay and load up Orioles autographs for the price of a resale voucher.  Ever stand in one of the lines at this thing?  I'm ok with parents and kids, a lot of the single adults come off pretty creepy...     

:leaving:

I'll be a "single adult" in the line. My fiancees two favorite players are Hardy and Machado...Guess which one I managed to get the ticket for? *Hint* Not Manny...

it is this crap that goes on. 

Tickets for the Madison Square Garden stop of Radiohead's latest tour had just gone on sale, priced at $80 each. After staring at the loading bar for a nerve-wracking 10 minutes, though, we all saw the same message: no tickets available.

I went straight to StubHub, a leading ticket resale website, where the same seats were already listed—for about $350 a pop. Frantically Googling "cheap Radiohead tickets" took me to a lesser-known site called TicketDown, where I bit the bullet and bought four tickets for $300 each—a 400 percent markup from the original price.

https://thump.vice.com/en_us/article/ticket-scalping-new-technology

6 minutes ago, grimed1 said:

it is this crap that goes on. 

Tickets for the Madison Square Garden stop of Radiohead's latest tour had just gone on sale, priced at $80 each. After staring at the loading bar for a nerve-wracking 10 minutes, though, we all saw the same message: no tickets available.

I went straight to StubHub, a leading ticket resale website, where the same seats were already listed—for about $350 a pop. Frantically Googling "cheap Radiohead tickets" took me to a lesser-known site called TicketDown, where I bit the bullet and bought four tickets for $300 each—a 400 percent markup from the original price.

https://thump.vice.com/en_us/article/ticket-scalping-new-technology

Good read, I have no doubt people doing this probably make 2 or 3 times what I do easy especially for a program that can pay for itself in a day. Stupid me trying to do it by myself. Unfortunately I am resort to buying from stubhub more then I want to because of things like this existing.

5 minutes ago, CP0861 said:

I was able to get vouchers for JJ @ 11:20, Tillman/Bundy @ 12:40, and AJ @ 2.  I got in the waiting room at 9:53, but apparently that wasn't early enough for Machado. 

Sameish. Got JJ at 11:20 and Davis/Krivda/Walker (Religious Type) at 4. All of Machado were probably sold out at 9:59...

1 hour ago, citisights said:

Some of these listing were up last night, either I'm not doing things right or something is fishy.  I was able to get three stations, Jones, BJ and Schoop, but like every year, no Manny or Davis.

Who knows what the ticket office does with these things... seems strange that most of the ones listed on ebay look like the ticket resale companies... not sure how/why they get them BUT they always have them... 

I sent the Orioles a message on twitter with a screenshot to have them reported and removed as it goes against their resale policy.

They need a better process to ensure that these vouchers are being sold to actual fans not resellers or make them show ID to match the order or they can't go up.. it's that simple.

1 hour ago, Mayor McCheese said:

Who knows what the ticket office does with these things... seems strange that most of the ones listed on ebay look like the ticket resale companies... not sure how/why they get them BUT they always have them... 

I sent the Orioles a message on twitter with a screenshot to have them reported and removed as it goes against their resale policy.

They need a better process to ensure that these vouchers are being sold to actual fans not resellers or make them show ID to match the order or they can't go up.. it's that simple.

Not liked it has not happened before.  From three years ago.

And then there’s the market on this year's Orioles FanFest autograph vouchers, which went on sale Satrurday morning on the club’s website. Some sessions sold out in a matter of minutes, and the entire schedule sold out in 64 minutes, according to the team.

I received several emails Saturday from some frustrated fans who said they were unable to purchase vouchers even though they tried right at 10 a.m. Their frustration piqued when they saw the vouchers immediately being posted on Craigslist and eBay for profit.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-orioles-fanfest-autograph-vouchers-already-selling-for-five-times-face-value-online-20140119-story.html

Archived