How much would you be willing to pay for MASN al la carte

atomic

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Isn't Sesame Street on Netflix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No Sesame Street isn't on Netflix. HBO gets exclusive rights to new episodes for a year and then PBS gets the episodes. Sesame Street offered the same deal to Netflix and Amazon but both rejected the episodes ever ending up on PBS. So HBO stepped in and saved the day. As Sesame Street was nearing bankruptcy.

No Sesame Street isn't on Netflix. HBO gets exclusive rights to new episodes for a year and then PBS gets the episodes. Sesame Street offered the same deal to Netflix and Amazon but both rejected the episodes ever ending up on PBS. So HBO stepped in and saved the day. As Sesame Street was nearing bankruptcy.

Or they just could have cut back on the cookie expenditures.

JS47622759.jpg

Those are pretty obviously home made chocolate chip cookies. Are you honestly telling me with how he devours them Cookie Monster can tell the difference between those and the ones at the dollar store?

Honestly they should just stop being enablers.

Hmm. Is that just for new content?

My daughter has outgrown SS, but not that long ago. I recall streaming them on either Netflix or Amazon. They were old episodes.

Or they just could have cut back on the cookie expenditures.

JS47622759.jpg

Those are pretty obviously home made chocolate chip cookies. Are you honestly telling me with how he devours them Cookie Monster can tell the difference between those and the ones at the dollar store?

Honestly they should just stop being enablers.

You like stuff. YouTube Tom Waits and Cookie Monster.

How in the world could Sesame Street have been nearing bankruptcy?

They have huge amounts of licensed Merch all over the place. What are they doing with that money? It can't cost much to produce a show with no name talent and puppets.

Unless of course they were supporting all of PBS with their revenue stream in which case I don't think it's very honest to say that they are the ones nearing bankruptcy.

They have huge amounts of licensed Merch all over the place. What are they doing with that money? It can't cost much to produce a show with no name talent and puppets.

Unless of course they were supporting all of PBS with their revenue stream in which case I don't think it's very honest to say that they are the ones nearing bankruptcy.

I don't get why Disney doesn't buy out Sesame Street. They own the rest of Jim Henson's properties except for that. You'd think it'd be a smart business choice to do so

They had 104 million in revenue with 40 million coming from licensing. Looks like they spent 17.5 million creating the show. You are right they should not have been nearing bankruptcy. Seems like they have a lot of programs to try and help children around the world.

Lets face it these deals of sports networks going to leech off other cable subscribers is going to end soon enough. People are cord cutting because they don't want to pay outrageous cable bills to watch maybe Home and Garden Channel.

I think ESPN has lost 20 percent of their subscribers. At some point they won't be profitable anymore. As things go al la carte I expect sports teams to make a lot less money off of TV. Right now ESPN gets 7 dollars off every cable subscriber. They will never be able to make that up if they went al la carte.

I would probably be willing to spend 10 bucks a month for MASN. But how many more people would be willing to do that? I am guessing at 10 dollars a month for only people that sign up for it they would be getting a lot less money. But the problem is the more they charge the less people would sign up.

You'd pay $120 a month? You do realize you pay no more then $4 per month for MASN?

Two things happen. HBO is allowing them to do a spin off (a muppets show) and HBO agreed to not charge PBS stations for delayed shows.

HBO started the new season in Jan 2016 which gave PBS the chance to show the new season at the start of the school year. So to those who don't have HBO will not have missed anything.

With other educational shows and children shows such as Dora the Explorer.. Sesame Street had competition in a market it never did before.

Sesame Street has money in a "trust" but if they stayed exclusively with PBS they would have been completely broke in a few years as it costs about $35-40m a year to produce it and that doesn't cover the cost to run the workshop. PBS paid $1.5m for the show (HBO is pay $4m), DVD sales (Sesame Streets biggest revenue steam) has declined with the rise of digital streaming. Then you had the Kevin Clash scandal in 2012.

S

Archived