Orioles told Bautista's reps...Orioles fans don't like him

Dark Helmet

1 minute ago, crawjo said:

Until it happened, I never knew that fans cared so passionately about dugout phones and other inanimate objects. 

I care about 'roid rage in public places and the possibility of eye injury to other humans. 

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you think Nelson Cruz's 2014 season would have been worth $17 million plus a first round pick? I think it was easily worth that. 

Considering that the pick was replaced by the rules at the time? Yes.

1 minute ago, weams said:

I care about 'roid rage in public places and the possibility of eye injury to other humans. 

So every time a player gets angry and starts throwing or smashing things it means they are suffering from "roid rage"? Was Machado suffering from roid rage when he had his run-in with Josh Donaldson and the A's?

Imagine if we had this lineup next year:

Kim LF/DH
Machado 3B
Bautista DH/RF
Davis 1B
Jones CF
Schoop 2B
Castillo C
Hardy SS
Pagan/Rickard LF/RF

The bottom part is too right-handed but now you've got three guys with strong OBPs hitting in front of Davis and Jones. Bautista makes our lineup so much better. He's good for 80+ walks every season, and he will always hit for power. 

1 hour ago, scOtt said:

I really think the back-pick on Delmon he really knocked something out of whack. I've done it myself on my left shoulder. Tightening a vise down on a machine table. Not even tightening it but just snugging it up. The simplest, most non-exertion move I ever did and my shoulder just popped. It's never been the same since.

Its called getting old Scott!  I still play baseball at the age of 34 and pitched many innings in my life.  My right shoulder is just fine and dandy.  However, my left shoulder I was tightening something on a motorcycle and using my left hand in an awkward position because I was supporting something with my right.  Anyways just something went wrong and now my left shoulder sucks.  Obviously things like that happen to us laymen who arent trained athletes but as you get older stuff just starts to deteriorate.  Sucks.   

2 minutes ago, weams said:

There are no 5 WAR seasons left in Bautista. 

Maybe, but what you've just said is that even if he produced his 2015 season (a 5 WAR season) you would not pay $17 million plus a first round pick for it. That's what I wanted to know. 

Maybe, but what you've just said is that even if he produced his 2015 season (a 5 WAR season) you would not pay $17 million plus a first round pick for it. That's what I wanted to know. 

Not from him.

20 minutes ago, crawjo said:

Until it happened, I never knew that fans cared so passionately about dugout phones and other inanimate objects. 

It was the culmination of many years of whining about third strike calls despite the fact that he got 90% of the close calls.   He destroyed property, endangered teammates and acted like an ass. I always thought he was a whiny, self-entitled bitch, but that incident cemented it. 

Archived