Orioles told Bautista's reps...Orioles fans don't like him

Dark Helmet

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, grimed1 said:

We live in an age of people saying stupid and unprofessional things. I guess the new normal. Fake news and all the other great things going on.

Dan Duquette's speaking has never been confused with Frederick Douglass either.

webbrick is still right though.  Unprofessional.  I still got a laugh out of it.  :D

2 hours ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Dan Duquette's speaking has never been confused with Frederick Douglass either.

webbrick is still right though.  Unprofessional.  I still got a laugh out of it.  :D

DD could have told the harder to hear but more likely truth which was "Buck Showalter doesn't want you on this team.  You are not only not a nugget.  You are a chunk!"   Projecting it on to the fans is more convenient and avoids throwing anybody in the organization under the bus.  But, either way, it was meant for Bautista's agent only, no doubt.    lol.        As a side note, most other sports pages in other cities, like KC, Oakland, Chicago have reported this and most all of the comments I have seen there  have been in the vein of  "Doggone right, we don't want him here either."    Joey Bats has sowed a bit of ill wind out there, it seems.  

4 hours ago, weams said:

Own it Dan.

“Well, Jose Bautista’s agent has been knocking on the Orioles door for a while and I told him, ‘Look, our fans don’t really like Jose Bautista. And they don’t,” said Orioles executive vice president Dan Duquette. “Not to mention he has a qualifying offer attached to him. I just made a comment in that we weren’t going to be pursuing their client. It’s true. The guy’s a villain in Baltimore.” http://www.baltimorebaseball.com/2016/12/07/duquette-bautista-true-guys-villain-baltimore/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Honestly, I'm a little surprised at DD being so forthcoming about a free agent. If he said this behind close doors to his agent, I get it, but why go public with this stance? Call me unimpressed.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

“Well, Jose Bautista’s agent has been knocking on the Orioles door for a while and I told him, ‘Look, our fans don’t really like Jose Bautista. And they don’t,” said Orioles executive vice president Dan Duquette. “Not to mention he has a qualifying offer attached to him. I just made a comment in that we weren’t going to be pursuing their client. It’s true. The guy’s a villain in Baltimore.” http://www.baltimorebaseball.com/2016/12/07/duquette-bautista-true-guys-villain-baltimore/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Honestly, I'm a little surprised at DD being so forthcoming about a free agent. If he said this behind close doors to his agent, I get it, but why go public with this stance? Call me unimpressed.

Hmmmm....interesting.   Dan has an agenda here, for sure.   Although not clear what it is.    Maybe he has a thing with the agent.  Maybe it is a weird residual from the Toronto situation.   Who knows?     Strange, for sure.    But, hey, I don't like Joey Bats, but Reggie Jackson and Albert Belle I didn't like either, until they were hitting homers for the Os.  I got over it pretty quickly.   

7 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Well, Bautista is not coming to Maryland. And Edwin can't get 3 years? Does someone know something?

19 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

It is quite out of character for him. He's usually very guarded in what he says. I always say he should be in the Senate because he sounds like a politician.

10 minutes ago, Moondoggie said:

It is quite out of character for him. He's usually very guarded in what he says. I always say he should be in the Senate because he sounds like a politician.

I promise, he is saying this for some reason. Whether personal or professional. 

28 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

At some point in the last few years Buck and Dan had a discussion.  Dan said, "what do you think about Bautista."  Buck said, "I think hes a hot head who puts himself above the team."  "Nuf said."  This was just convenience.

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

That was my point. I don't really like the idea of Bautista here. But why the need by DD to be so open about it. It's pretty unprofessional. I wonder how other agents feel about this? It could be something that keeps agents from dealing with the O's.

Archived