Rumor (from December): Brad Brach for Mallex Smith

Orange

35 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Sorry I'm just reading the numbers on Fangraph for DRS

Schoop -1, 13th in majors

Jones -10, 17th in majors

By Fangraphs definition average is zero(0)

Looking at the numbers its amazing that the O's made the wild card game

No personal offense, blah blah blah. I give those def metrics about 1% credence. YMMV.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, webbrick2010 said:

The one OF I wanted the O's to get

I do not want the 30 something defensively challenged FA's that are still on the market

It takes a little work to actually trade for a young guy with a potential future. Re-treads and dumpster diving is all that DD has an acumen for.

No doubt we will sign Trumbo and end up with the worst OF defensive rating in the majors for the second consecutive year

Yeah defense matters to the O's... except we will be below average at 2B, LF, RF, CF, and Catcher

Serious question...

Do you ever do anything but whine and complain? Because that's literally all I ever seen you do.

Like, if I were to gauge the Orioles' performance solely by your comments on OH, I would be left to assume that the Orioles had just completed their 19th consecutive losing season rather than a 3rd playoff appearance in the last 5 years.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Than he should have gone on the DL.

Anyway the fact that he was injured does nothing to change the fact that he didn't have a good year in the field.

I think he'll only go down-hill defensively from here. He's not going to improve with age in centerfield. I'd like to see him in right. 

Archived