John Angelos

Rick_Schu

At the risk of involving myself......

Nobody doubts Big Peter's political leanings. I think I think... John A is just the public spokesman for the man behind the curtain. Like Spy Fox said, people have opinions. And express those publicly. It's a shot across the bow of The S.S. Trump from a 12' dingy. A flare across the bow...

5 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

The "_____ should stick to _____ and not talk about _____" is a pet peeve of mine in general, and you see it a lot these days. All people have opinions about a variety of things and a right to express those opinions. Not all of those opinions are going to be right or agreed with, but they aren't invalidated just because the speaker also has a day job. 

xvnlbJn.png

h2A9ehH.png

It's this kind of thing. The "Shut up and play baseball" mentality of entitled fans.

16 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

The "_____ should stick to _____ and not talk about _____" is a pet peeve of mine in general, and you see it a lot these days. All people have opinions about a variety of things and a right to express those opinions. Not all of those opinions are going to be right or agreed with, but they aren't invalidated just because the speaker also has a day job. 

I think they have every right to.

And I think it is not very smart.

He represents the Orioles and now a certain percentage of people who buy his product are unhappy with him and, by association, the Orioles.

I think the wiser course of action would have been to simply say it was a matter for ownership.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think they have every right to.

And I think it is not very smart.

He represents the Orioles and now a certain percentage of people who buy his product are unhappy with him and, by association, the Orioles.

I think the wiser course of action would have been to simply say it was a matter for ownership.

Yeah, I'm not necessarily defending whether Angelos' comments were the wisest course from the financial or business side. Or really making a personal argument against pastorfan's original post, since I don't know much about their perspective. 

Just pointing out, as I think Enjoy Terror's citing of the Facebook comments helps to show, that the "they should stick to ____" argument is often used just as a shortcut for invalidating voices that people don't want to hear from.

4 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

Yeah, I'm not necessarily defending whether Angelos' comments were the wisest course from the financial or business side. Or really making a personal argument against pastorfan's original post, since I don't know much about their perspective. 

Just pointing out, as I think Enjoy Terror's citing of the Facebook comments helps to show, that the "they should stick to ____" argument is often used just as a shortcut for invalidating voices that people don't want to hear from.

Sure, I'm betting a lot of them don't mind hearing from celebrities that agree with them.

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Or even mildly public figures you wouldn't recognize if you literally bumped into them in the street.

At the risk of banning... Pres. Trump misses NO offense. Regularly rails again SNFL. Which every president has ignored since FORD. He misses NOTHING he can go on a late night rant against.

Kinda like yours truly except for the leaning. Late at night, ranting and railing against some perceived slight, online, no NSA secured phone. I don't have that either... Spouting his anger for the public...

4 minutes ago, scOtt said:

At the risk of banning... Pres. Trump misses NO offense. Regularly rails again SNFL. Which every president has ignored since FORD. He misses NOTHING he can go on a late night rant against.

Kinda like yours truly except for the leaning. Late at night, ranting and railing against some perceived slight, online, no NSA secured phone. I don't have that either... Spouting his anger for the public...

Anthrax, ham radio and liqueur.

• weams locked this topic

Archived