Example 3000 of why ESPN sucks

Norfolk orioles

The last "question" to Manny in their interview was "your speed rounding the bases after that home run was your second slowest of the season, is that because you were playing the Red Sox and because of what happened"? (Paraphrasing)

That's not a real, honest, sports related question. It's nothing more than a blatant attempt to start more drama for no reason at all other than to have something to talk about and drive up views for their terrible programming.

Every single day they stray farther and farther from journalistic integrity and just covering the story instead of trying to create or be the story themselves.

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Wonder how fast Big Papi rounded the bases when he homered and why they never asked him that.

No kidding, wow. I'm pretty sure Manny's trot was a dead sprint compared to Joey Bats or Ortiz when one of those guys is trying to prove a point at OPACY.

20 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Wonder how fast Big Papi rounded the bases when he homered and why they never asked him that.

I was trying to come up with a joke about him leaving early and not being able to reach him because the dugout phone was broken but it just doesn't work logically.

He should have replied:

"I didn't really notice, but my guess is my home run trot was slower as it's hard work making multiple gamechanging plays in the field on nights like tonight. Takes a lot of effort. I'm probably trying to catch my breath during the HR trots. 

In an unrelated note, Boston fielders didn't seem particular tired tonight." 

Archived