Example 3000 of why ESPN sucks

Norfolk orioles

I didn't see the HR live, but I just watched the highlight and Palmer absolutely commented on the slow trot as it was happening. "He's not exactly sprinting around the bases, either, he's taking his time."

Maybe I'm in the minority here but ESPN wants an engaged audience and drama is a money maker. They wouldn't be doing their job correctly (in this day in age of tabloid-like reporting) if they didn't try drum up some bad vibes for people to click on and say "oooohhhhh"

15 minutes ago, oriole said:

Maybe I'm in the minority here but ESPN wants an engaged audience and drama is a money maker. They wouldn't be doing their job correctly (in this day in age of tabloid-like reporting) if they didn't try drum up some bad vibes for people to click on and say "oooohhhhh"

Looking at ESPN's bottom line and that they are bleeding subscribers, they might want to rethink this strategy.  I would rather watch Australian rules football then another talking head show debating if Joe Flacco is an elite QB.  

That was possibly one of the worst broadcasts I've ever seen.  The whole Van Pelt Baltimore accent bit was bad enough, but why did they need to show both Van Pelt and the booth while completely ignoring the game at hand?  

6 hours ago, Big Al said:

That was possibly one of the worst broadcasts I've ever seen.  The whole Van Pelt Baltimore accent bit was bad enough, but why did they need to show both Van Pelt and the booth while completely ignoring the game at hand?  

Because ESPN is the worst and no longer a legitimate source of journalism or sports coverage, that's why.

On 5/2/2017 at 1:15 AM, 25 Nuggets said:

Holy crap Ortiz litters that list.

Luke Scott with the slowest LOL

Scott was injured for his.

I am actually kind of interested in this. There was some talk on SOSH about how Red Sox fans have no right to complain about players taking their time rounding the bases because of Ortiz.

Do people here really not care about this? It seems like one of those "play the game the right way / don't rile up your opponents" kind of things. I'm not totally sure where I stand on the issue, I don't really mind guys taking a peek at home runs or bat-flips and that kind of thing, but I do like to see guys hustle a little more around the bases.

ESPN is still stoking the fire -- Mike Greenberg of Mike & Mike saying the Orioles-Sox feud "isn't over" because Manny took 29.77 seconds to round the bases after his 456-foot homer last night.   Really?

Archived