O's Unexpected Impacts in the first Quarter

wildcard

11 minutes ago, FlipTheBird said:

But everything else is way down. They don't need him to be Chris Davis 2.0. I have faith he'll start ticking up here in the next month or so, but a .313 OBP and .763 OPS from Machado at this point is firmly below expectations.

I said that his averages are down.  

18 hours ago, wildcard said:

I didn't express feelings.  I just stated facts with that post.

But to what end? You certainly seemed to be contesting that Manny being on pace for last year's HR numbers meant he wasn't underperforming.

4 hours ago, FlipTheBird said:

But to what end? You certainly seemed to be contesting that Manny being on pace for last year's HR numbers meant he wasn't underperforming.

No, I did not say that.  Manny's average are down.   But his homers and RBI are on pace.  That is what I said.  The is what I meant to say.  It a statement of fact.  Don't read more intent into what I wrote. 

5 minutes ago, wildcard said:

No, I did not say that.  Manny's average are down.   But his homers and RBI are on pace.  That is what I said.  The is what I meant to say.  It a statement of fact.  Don't read more intent into what I wrote. 

Fair enough.

That all said, with his average down, I stand by my belief that he's been one of the "disappointments" thus far in 2017.

Archived