vs. TWINS, 5/24

Chavez Ravine

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Who knows. Glad Kim wasn't PH. Heaven forbid that. 

Why would you want to get a guy who does well with OBP into a one-run game in the 9th when you can bat your veteran with a under .550 OPS?

Horrible end to that game. Still fuming about CDs last at bat and then Hardy... with Kim left benched....

ahh well we have a nice easy road trip to Houston to enjoy. Good job we started the season well and banked up some wins early as we will need them!

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

I really think the big leads getting blown have really gotten to the hitters. I call this the Ubaldo/Gausman effect.

Meh, it's not like they haven't gone through stretches like this before. It's the nature of this club. They'll have weeks where they mash, and weeks where they look incompetent and couldn't score off a AA guy.

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

With Kim on the bench and Janish available. I don't get it. Whaat is the point of having these guys?

I don't think I've ever seen Kim strike out looking

He and Mancini seem to be the only two hitters capable of tracking the pitch and swinging if it's a strike

Everyone is on some pre-planned guess schedule, not able to pick up and recognize neither the type of pitch or the location.

Just a horrible waste of 167 million dollars

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Why would you want to get a guy who does ell with OBP into a one-run game in the 9th when you can bat your veteran with a under .550 OPS?

Because you can't upset JJ that is why. Plus he hit a homer earlier!!!

2 minutes ago, FlipTheBird said:

Meh, it's not like they haven't gone through stretches like this before. It's the nature of this club. They'll have weeks where they mash, and weeks where they look incompetent and couldn't score off a AA guy.

True on the hitting, but I just think watching the body language of the club they are mentally out of it. I'm not sure there is another batter on MLB who goes 3-0 and then watch three straight strikes, two of which were fastball in the middle of the plate beside Chris Davis.

I'd sit him next game honestly. I know Buck won't, but I would. That was an utterly embarrassing at bat.

Heck only watch like two innings on Game day an it was enough to annoy me. Such an annoying team to watch. Big leads blown, pitiful at bats, and players who look like they are going through the motions.

They're almost bipolar. At some points of the season, they seem like they're ready to grind it out and fight for every at bat.

Then they go through stretches where everyone looks pretty disinterested.

Just now, Tony-OH said:

True on the hitting, but I just think watching the body language of the club they are mentally out of it. I'm not sure there is another batter on MLB who goes 3-0 and then watch three straight strikes, two of which were fastball in the middle of the plate beside Chris Davis.

I'd sit him next game honestly. I know Buck won't, but I would. That was an utterly embarrassing at bat.

Buck won't sit a hobbling Jones nevermind sit Davis. 

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Chris has lost whatever confidence he once had. He's always struck out a lot, but the K'd looking epidemic has been the last couple of seasons. He should have been all over that 3-1 fastball.

Heck only watch like two innings on Game day an it was enough to annoy me. Such an annoying team to watch. Big leads blown, pitiful at bats, and players who look like they are going through the motions.

Last night Manny hit a sharp ground ball to he right of the first baseman. Off the bat it looked like it would be a tough play with the 1B having to rush a throw to Santana sprinting to cover the bag.... except Manny didn't run and Mauer was able to make and easy not rushed throw to the bag.

Has Buck lost this team. Has he ever corrected Manny for anything?

I don't know how Buck gives Hardy that last at bat with Kim available. Starting to lose faith in Buck. The real problem is the starting piching and if it is not addressed this team is going nowhere. It is sad when a guy that doesn't even have a full year starting at the major league level is leading the rotation. 

Archived