• Yeah, but the Rangers had one of the best performing lineups in baseball throughout the playoffs. The Orioles consistently go MIA on offense. Very Inconsistent. If you have a subpar bullpen, you need an offense that can score enough to bail them out. (And vica versa).
    • Tarrasco definitely thought he was catching it, you can tell by his reaction.
    • Not sure about that.  The ball is coming almost straight down at that point.   Tarascó doesn’t even think he has to jump to catch it.
    • Of course the outcome of the play should matter, and in both the videos you linked, the outcome was affected.  And a facemask call is not comparable, since that rule exists due to player safety.
    • Reminds me of one of my son's games when he was 12.  The other team had bases loaded with 1 out and the next batter hit a pretty routine pop up.  The umpires invoked the infield fly rule.  Of course, our Shortstop dropped the pop up (as 12 year olds sometimes do)...   Some of the baserunners thought they then had to try to advance and started running.  One of the runners thought it was a dead ball and he should walk back to the bag. There were runners running in all different directions, some forwards, some backwards... Then the infielders started throwing the ball away during the ensuing rundowns...   I think they managed to finally get a guy out at home ending that inning...   It was sheer pandemonium.  The umpires were laughing...
    • No way Tarrasco was getting that ball.  But I do think it might have hit the top of the fence for an extra-base hit and not an HR...
    • Are you looking for an infield fly runner's interference?  Because as far as I know, it's been 12 years since this exact situation was called.  This is the play that caused the rule to be changed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJu3RL8CV_8   They let the runner bat again and called the 1st base runner out in this case, and then in the offseason clarified the rule to say that both the runner and the batter are out.  But in this case the runner's interference was fairly substantial direct contact.   If you're talking about runners interference in general, on this play Kieboom didn't touch the runner and it was called runner's interference.   https://www.mlb.com/video/yadier-molina-grounds-into-a-force-out-fielded-by-shortstop-carter-kieboom-marcell-ozuna-out-at-3rd-jose-martinez-to-2nd-yadier-molina-to-1st?q=5%2F1%2F2019 stl vs was&cp=CMS_FIRST&qt=FREETEXT&p=3   The outcome of the play shouldn't really matter.  If you commit a face mask in football, and the guy whose face mask you grabbed gets a sack-fumble and recovers, you still get the ball and you get 15 yards.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now