Fahey up, Knott down (!)

Hank Scorpio

It must be Perlozzo's fault! Right? Uhhhhhhh........

Or, if only we had a GM who knew more than Flanagan and Duquette. Uhhhhhh.......

Well? At least we can count on Trembley explaining his reasoning in a cogent manner.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nothing written yet. But yeah, apparently Knott got one game to prove that he could hit and play defense, and he didn't. Nevermind that Golden Boy Payton booted a ball in the same game. And nevermind that Knott should have been starting at DH last night vs. Pettitte.

The Orioles clearly have learned nothing from Jack Cust.

This is worse than Jack Cust who was a powerless shell of the player that he is now during his tenure as an Oriole. This makes no sense whatsoever.

You know' date=' we always make jokes like "Knott must've run over Perlozzo's dog" or "Knott must've slept with Duquette's wife", etc. But have we considered the possibility that he really is a huge jerk? Management isn't interested in him, I've never heard the players mention him, I've already talked about how the press is unwilling to take up his cause. Maybe people who know him actually do hate him. Has anyone ever met him, talked to him? Is he an awful human being?[/quote']

Seems like an okay guy...http://padres.scout.com/2/275044.html

But that was three years ago and one interview doesn't tell you everything.

You know' date=' we always make jokes like "Knott must've run over Perlozzo's dog" or "Knott must've slept with Duquette's wife", etc. But have we considered the possibility that he really is a huge jerk? Management isn't interested in him, I've never heard the players mention him, I've already talked about how the press is unwilling to take up his cause. Maybe people who know him actually do hate him. Has anyone ever met him, talked to him? Is he an awful human being?[/quote']

I saw, I think, Amber do an interview with him before his start in AZ. He was just a regular-sounding guy, not real cocky but not a pipsqueak either.

You guys sometimes dont look at moves with a purpose. Look what they just did. They brought up Fahey. Now we have 3 guys who can play shortstop on the roster. Now what happens next? Kinda fishy?

The only acceptable explanation is that they are trading Gomez, like, right this second. Immediately. And they are showcasing Gibbons, Millar, Payton, Patterson, and Huff for potential trades, hence no ABs for Knott.

This is worse than Jack Cust who was a powerless shell of the player that he is now during his tenure as an Oriole. This makes no sense whatsoever.

I'm not getting into this, but Cust posted an .800-plus OPS with us. Hardly powerless.

And, I agree, this makes zero sense.

You guys sometimes dont look at moves with a purpose. Look what they just did. They brought up Fahey. Now we have 3 guys who can play shortstop on the roster. Now what happens next? Kinda fishy?

You're an "insider"...have something you would like to share?

According to ESPN Radio 1300, the O's just recalled Fahey and sent Knott back to Ottawa. Will try to find confirmation.

God!!....he must have really ticked someone off....they sent him to a city where we no longer have a team...:eek:

Who would they possibly be able to trade? Tejada? He's injured, remember?

Archived