vs. WHITE SOX, 6/15

OFFNY

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Uli2001 said:

I had never heard this before. It looks to me that control without command, in your definition, is useless. The bottomline is that the pitcher must be able to hit the catcher's mitt. 

Well, they're often used interchangeably. But the devil is in the details, but like precision vs. accuracy. 

Control to the strike zone. Command in the strike zone and out of it.

1 minute ago, Uli2001 said:

I had never heard this before. It looks to me that control without command, in your definition, is useless. The bottomline is that the pitcher must be able to hit the catcher's mitt. 

Not useless depending on opposition. As someone noted earlier, the Yankees didn't miss many of his strikes.

And his command is improving because he struggled to throw strikes in earlier starts.

4 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

I don't get it. Why does this organization allow an obviously injured Tillman to keep pitching. Are they convinced that it won't get worse? Why would Tillman want to pitch injured? Just doesn't make sense to me.

That's easy to answer. Contract year and we need pitching. Both sides obviously want to give it a whirl. I'd rather try to get him fixed, maybe sign him on a one year deal for next year and take that gamble. 

Archived