vs. Indians 6/21

NashLumber

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, geimans35 said:

Hard to believe we had Miller and let him go.  The moves this organization makes is just pathetic.  Boy we could have used him this year with our injury plagued bullpen.  Get really tired of Kim not having a chance to bat against lefties.  He would do better than anybody else we have.  

They had Miller and let him go for O'Day, basically. They also had Nelson Cruz and let him go for Davis/Trumbo (pick one). These two moves make me very bitter as an Oriole fan. What might have been.

It's similar to the Ravens letting Boldin go when he was their only legitimate receiver and had just won them a SB. But at least  they had just won the SB.  

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

I know he is accepting various roles now, but I think after 2014 he wanted to go somewhere where he would be promised the closer role.

It's a possibility because, obviously, I was not invited to the meetings with the agent. However, I do remember him being pretty open and excited about signing Chapman in New York. 

Just now, Uli2001 said:

They had Miller and let him go for O'Day, basically. They also had Nelson Cruz and let him go for Davis/Trumbo (pick one). These two moves make me very bitter as an Oriole fan. What might have been.

It's similar to the Ravens letting Boldin go when he was their only legitimate receiver and had just won them a SB. But at least  they had just won the SB.  

I totally agree with you.  I was just saying to my son imagine if we had Miller for O'Day and Cruz for Davis.  We would definitely be a much better team this year.  

Just now, geimans35 said:

I totally agree with you.  I was just saying to my son imagine if we had Miller for O'Day and Cruz for Davis.  We would definitely be a much better team this year.  

Absolutely. Especially with Miller's ability to pitch multiple innings. Combine that with Mychal Givens' ability to go a couple innings and suddenly, you aren't as overworked and the bullpen might have been able to tread water through the injuries more successfully.

o

Gausman looked more like the pitcher that he was last year than the one that he has been for most of this year.

Donnie Scott Hart pitched well in relief.

Castro was very good in his previous 2 games, and not good at all today.

We lost a game with Bundy on the mound on Monday, we won a game in which Tillman was tagged for 5 runs in only 4 innings pitched on Tuesday, and we're probably going to lose a game in which Gausman pitched well on Wednesday.

All of that adds up to the Orioles being one big question mark as a team moving forward for the next few weeks until the All-Star break.

o

8 minutes ago, geimans35 said:

They would have made the playoffs in 2015, might have won it all in 2016, and probably would make the playoffs again this year. That's all.

Archived