vs. Indians 6/21

NashLumber

4 minutes ago, thatbearflies said:

It sounds crazy, but that's how skewed his numbers are from his time as a starter. It's amazing what he turned into around that 2014 season when it all seemed to click. Maybe total body of work is like Duensing, but this guy for years now has been remarkable. More importantly, hats off to him for transforming himself. He was on his way to be the type of journeymen reliever who just disappears from the league. Now, he's pretty much the envy of any club, an elite, unselfish pitcher who is willing to pitch any inning/situation. 

You pitch whenever your manager tells you to get up and warm up. Except in Baltimore, you don't.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

Indians are cheating. They brought their top reliever in the 7th inning in the most crucial spot of the game, when we Orioles fans know you can't do that.

By the way, said reliever should have been in orange and black. They should have given him 15 mil a year and locked him up, if they had any sense. 

I think they thought being a mid market team with an already strong pen they could not justify signing him. If O'Day isn't signed I think we aren't hearing these complaints. Of course we did sign Darren, which I think showed no consistency in thought.  

20 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Not sure Dan is to blame. They made no attempt at Miller. Who knows as to why a year later they signed O'Day, I know Brady got involved. 

I know he is accepting various roles now, but I think after 2014 he wanted to go somewhere where he would be promised the closer role.

Archived