Zac Lowther

glenn__davis

• 2 weeks later...

We seem to have a decent number of prospects ready to finish the season in strong form.  Can't really think of anyone coasting into the clubhouse, but plenty of guys from Mountcastle to Hall to possibly Jomar Reyes and plenty in-between who are ready to put in a strong August. 

On 7/7/2018 at 2:12 AM, Luke-OH said:

You could make a legitimate argument for him being similar to a guy like Singer. Singer was 91-94 most starts,  Lowther is below that, but he’s t94 and he’s a lefty. Plus Singer is doing that on a weekly schedule, rather than a pro workload. Singer and Lowther have comparable breaking balls in that the pitches are more about feel and location than sharp break. Lowther is more deceptive and misses more bats but is less projectable. 

I think Lowther is a 50 FV, and by my assessment, there were only 8 guys who are 55 FV in this draft and no 60 FVs. I had about 40 guys at 50 FV or higher so yeah, I think top 45.

Good Post. Is the lack of a wind up a concern for when he gets to higher levels? 

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

From the video it looked like he was pitching from the “stretch”. Does he have a more traditional wind up or was there a guy on base we couldn’t see in the video?

It’s different from his stretch delivery, but yeah, it’s simple, kind of like Tillman’s windup.