Luke-OH

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

Chris Sale

30 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

Chris Sale

The Socks gave up their # 2,4,8 and the 4th guys ranks wasn't really clear in the article that I read.

this based on what list you look at would be 2,7 , 13 and 14. So that fact that it's more is debatable

https://www.baseballranks.com/2017/04/14/los-angeles-dodgers-top-25-prospects-of-2017/

And Sale despite being a great pitchers value was hurt some based on the fact that he's a loose cannon behavior wise.

of course I guess you didn't consider that since it doesn't help your position 

15 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

The Socks gave up their # 2,4,8 and the 4th guys ranks wasn't really clear in the article that I read.

this based on what list you look at would be 2,7 , 13 and 14. So that fact that it's more is debatable

https://www.baseballranks.com/2017/04/14/los-angeles-dodgers-top-25-prospects-of-2017/

And Sale despite being a great pitchers value was hurt some based on the fact that he's a loose cannon behavior wise.

of course I guess you didn't consider that since it doesn't help your position 

Farms aren't equivalent you can't just assume rank 2 in one is similar to another farm's rank 2. Also, I never even mentioned that Britton has had arm issues. I bet those outweigh Sale cutting up some jerseys.

53 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

Farms aren't equivalent you can't just assume rank 2 in one is similar to another farm's rank 2. Also, I never even mentioned that Britton has had arm issues. I bet those outweigh Sale cutting up some jerseys.

The Red Sox have a pretty healthy farm system so let's not pretend that they are the Orioles system.

Either way back end RPs have high value based on the past.

I'm not buying the Chapman deal as a one time special situation. Zack is worth what Chapman yielded plus. 

The caveat are his health and medicals. If he pitches like that last 3 times out the next few weeks should ease any concerns about his health. 

We shall see how it turns out and how bad the Dodgers or some other team really wants him

I agree they need to run him out there in non save situations if needed to showcase him prior to the deadline.

Given Brachs apparent inability to pitch in the 9th, no one's giving much for him. But then they're still stuck figuring out who the closer will be if Britton is traded.  That's not just an issue for this season if they're giving up on it, but next year too.

11 minutes ago, pdiddy said:

I agree they need to run him out there in non save situations if needed to showcase him prior to the deadline.

Given Brachs apparent inability to pitch in the 9th, no one's giving much for him. But then they're still stuck figuring out who the closer will be if Britton is traded.  That's not just an issue for this season if they're giving up on it, but next year too.

They ought to give up on it.

55 minutes ago, pdiddy said:

What? How do you figure?

Most of these teams competing have closers. Brach is a damn good late inning RP with control. Just because he has his ups and downs in save situations doesn't mean a team wouldn't LOVE to have a guy like that in the 7th/8th inning. Guys like that do get decent packages in return.

The Dodgers aren't going to give us Buehler.  He's too close to the majors and being a force for them down the stretch this season. 

I would target RHP Yadier Alvarez, 2B Willie Calhoun, and RHP Mitchell White.  That's their third, seventh, and tenth ranked prospects according to a midseason list.  

With Calhoun, they need to be confident in his defense because he needs to be able to stick at 2B or be capable of moving to 3B.  I'll leave that up to the scouts.  But if they don't like what they see maybe you sub him for another pitcher or one of their outfielders. 

57 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

What? How do you figure?

Most of these teams competing have closers. Brach is a damn good late inning RP with control. Just because he has his ups and downs in save situations doesn't mean a team wouldn't LOVE to have a guy like that in the 7th/8th inning. Guys like that do get decent packages in return.

No argument there.  A decent package, just not what the O's could have gotten in return if he was lights out in the 9th.  

If they do trade Britton, I don't have the confidence that I once did that Brach could step into the role, which makes it even more important that they fleece someone for Britton.

1 hour ago, pdiddy said:

No argument there.  A decent package, just not what the O's could have gotten in return if he was lights out in the 9th.  

If they do trade Britton, I don't have the confidence that I once did that Brach could step into the role, which makes it even more important that they fleece someone for Britton.

Givens 

Archived