Why not Sell and Buy?

Bahama O's Fan

2 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

He's bringing the Cubs thing out of thin air because I said they are great at developing talent and they're package for Quintana trumps ours.

Most logical thing I've ever heard, I tell ya.

They're not great at developing talent.  They're great at buying talent.  There is a difference.  

Why can't they develop Jason Heyward?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

They're not great at developing talent.  They're great at buying talent.  There is a difference.  

Umm, they are getting these guys at age 16-18 in IFA or drafting them. Bryant, Contreras, Almora, Javier Baez, Schwarber, etc. are all from their minors.

They just dealt Eloy who they signed in IFA, Cease who was a 6th rd pick and now a top prospect, etc. The list goes on.

If you are a big market team you have more opportunities, but don't mistake that for not developing. Not like these guys are sure fire major leaguers right out of the gate from foreign countries or out of the draft. We know that all too well.

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

What? Even if they spent in Latin America and Asia, those guys are 17 when they sign. The cubs developed them. Just look at the cubs roster, their entire infield was either drafted or traded for as minor leagues. 

Epstein may have money to spend but he swindled Billy Bean for Addison Russel and has made several other good trades as well. 

Objectively speaking the Cubs have developed more talent in the last five years than the Orioles have in 15 years.

5 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Don't be mad Harry Carey.  You partied when your NL team won it all last year.  That's cool.  If you're 7.  

4 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

9_9

Wow! What's wrong with you? I was happy the Cubs won the WS last year. If someone cheered for that team doesn't make them a child. As for as I can see he has done nothing insulting the O's players or their fans. As for me I am an O's fan dyed in the wool. But I like baseball first and foremost. 

3 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

Umm, they are getting these guys at age 16-18 in IFA or drafting them. Bryant, Contreras, Almora, Javier Baez, Schwarber, etc. are all from their minors.

They just dealt Eloy who they signed in IFA, Cease who was a 6th rd pick and now a top prospect, etc. The list goes on.

If you are a big market team you have more opportunities, but don't mistake that for not developing. Not like these guys are sure fire major leaguers right out of the gate from foreign countries or out of the draft. We know that all too well.

Saying the Cubs are good at drafting/developing is like saying the Yankees, Red Sox and Dodgers are great at team building with a budget.  

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

Saying the Cubs are good at drafting/developing is like saying the Yankees, Red Sox and Dodgers are great at team building with a budget.  

Are you being serious right now? Did you just neglect anything and everything Lucky 13 and myself just said or?

1 minute ago, Tx Oriole said:

Wow! What's wrong with you? I was happy the Cubs won the WS last year. If someone cheered for that team doesn't make them a child. As for as I can see he has done nothing insulting the O's players or their fans. As for me I am an O's fan dyed in the wool. But I like baseball first and foremost. 

You can be happy the Cubs won the WS.  You just cant have a 2nd favorite team.  This guy has never disputed that.  Gotta call that out.  

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Are the cubs your 2nd favorite team?  Yes or no?

No, because I don't have a 2nd favorite team.

Still keep ignoring my point and seem to be more interested in trying to paint me as some Cubs fan because I'm pointing out that they are good at developing the talent they sign from latin america at age 16-18 (which need development before they get to the majors...shocking, I know. Who would have thought an 16-18 yr old would need to be developed...).

Just now, ISU94 said:

No, because I don't have a 2nd favorite team.

Still keep ignoring my point and seem to be more interested in trying to paint me as some Cubs fan because I'm pointing out that they are good at developing the talent they sign from latin america at age 16-18 (which need development before they get to the majors...shocking, I know. Who would have thought an 16-18 yr old would need to be developed before getting to the majors).

Ones that aren't subjected to PED testing.  

5 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I'm glad you blessed us with some cub fan insight in your rare postings here.  

Happy to help you in any which way...it's pretty clear that it is needed.

Archived