Why not Sell and Buy?

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

Yeah I will leave that time consuming task up to someone else, but it looks like 10 sellers 3 in the AL and 7 in the NL. 10 in the middle. And another 10 who are definitely going to be buyers lol. How is that for an even split.

Yeah, interesting. You feel like listing the teams?

23 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

Sellers 

AL - Detroit, Chicago, Oakland

NL - Pittsburgh, Miami, NYM, Cinci, SD, Philly, SF

Buyers 

AL - Boston, New York, Cleveland, Houston, TB, Min

NL - Wash, Mil, LAD, Cubs

Rest on the fence

Okay, let's play with these. Anyone want to list their needs:

Boston

New York

Cleveland

Houston

TB

Min

Wash

Mil

LAD

Cubs

Interesting how the second article only points out pending free agents for us that could possibly be on the move and some bad contracts like Davis and O'Day.  Indeed, there is not much value there aside from Castillo who isn't even mentioned. 

Brach, Britton, Machado.  Those are the guys who need to be dealt if we want anything significant back and if we wait another year until when they are pending free agents their value will be cut in half at mininum. 

18 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Interesting how the second article only points out pending free agents for us that could possibly be on the move and some bad contracts like Davis and O'Day.  Indeed, there is not much value there aside from Castillo who isn't even mentioned. 

Brach, Britton, Machado.  Those are the guys who need to be dealt if we want anything significant back and if we wait another until when they are pending free agents their value will be cut in half at mininum. 

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/07/rosenthals-latest-verlander-cubs-d-backs-orioles.html

Notes a healthy Britton would be in demand 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.baltimorebaseball.com/2017/07/05/tap-question-trade-britton-brach-nationals-prospects/amp/

Just speculation on O's/Nats trade

22 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Brach, Britton, Machado.  Those are the guys who need to be dealt if we want anything significant back and if we wait another until when they are pending free agents their value will be cut in half at mininum. 

Unless they already know what many here fear and that is the Orioles are not selling.  I've been ridiculed for years here for suggesting the need for a new owner,,,. But doing anything other than selling this year is utter lunacy, that includes standing pat.

im hoping that John Angelos can talk some sense into Peter as the long term health of the team depends on it

3 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Unless they already know what many here fear and that is the Orioles are not selling.  I've been ridiculed for years here for suggesting the need for a new owner,,,. But doing anything other than selling this year is utter lunacy, that includes standing pat.

im hoping that John Angelos can talk some sense into Peter as the long term health of the team depends on it

I've never met anyone in my life that didn't wish for new ownership in Baltimore. I'm with you, aside from the tide thing.

Archived