Teams that could/should be interested in Britton

Roll Tide

D-Backs seem like the best fit as a contender with a closer with a 5+ ERA. However, their prospect list isn't that great. Mostly B level guys similar to the O's. I wonder if Brach could go there.

If the Rangers get hot they could definitely use a bullpen arm. 

I have a feeling that nobody is going to meet the asking price for Britton. He is too valuable to the O's when healthy, too risky for other teams to give up a top prospect. 

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Black Bat said:

Good, this drives up their price with the market drying up quick.

I mean, this is also causing there to be less and less teams needy for RP's too. Obviously these aren't guys like Britton as Britton is an elite closer, but I'd rather get out ahead if we want to deal guys like Brach, O'Day (not sure what we get with his contract though), etc.

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

D-Backs seem like the best fit as a contender with a closer with a 5+ ERA. However, their prospect list isn't that great. Mostly B level guys similar to the O's. I wonder if Brach could go there.

I have a feeling that nobody is going to meet the asking price for Britton. He is too valuable to the O's when healthy, too risky for other teams to give up a top prospect. 

DBacks have one of the worst farm systems in the MLB. Got a few guys like Duplantier, Marcus Wilson, etc. but for the most part it just isn't great.

9 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I have a feeling he's going to the Dodgers. They are in major win-now mode and are trying to trade Romo and Morrow to free up spot in their bullpen for a LH reliever according to Rosenthal. 

Plus they can take on Britton's contract.

5 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

I have a feeling he's going to the Dodgers. They are in major win-now mode and are trying to trade Romo and Morrow to free up spot in their bullpen for a LH reliever according to Rosenthal. 

Not sure why they'd want to trade Morrow.  Romo, they could just DFA.

3 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Not sure why they'd want to trade Morrow.  Romo, they could just DFA.

He's just reporting what he read. I read the same update too. 

That said, Alvarez (RHP) and Verdugo (OF) are the Dodgers top two prospects. Ranked no 39 and no.51 overall. Though also have a high end 2B prospect (Calhoun) ranked 69th overall.

If we're looking long term, and willing to roll the dice a bit. Julio Urias would also be a good gamble. He'll be out for most if not all of 2018 (shoulder surgery), but he's still very young (20). 

On 7/16/2017 at 0:27 PM, Lucky_13 said:

Wow. How do Doolittle and Madson compare to Britton and Brach?

Just comparing Britton and Doolittle, since 2014 Britton has been worth 9.8 rWAR while Doolittle has been worth only 2.7rWAR

Probably why the package was less than admirable.

2 hours ago, Lucky_13 said:

Still has one arb year remaining.

Archived