Well at least....

1968_bills_fan

we are 3 games ahead of the White Sox.    (O.o,

who are in last place in the AL.    Guys,  the fat lady not only has sung, but has sat down, drank half her bottle of Ripple and taken her shoes off.

Time to try to move almost everyone who can bring back a decent prospect.

PITCHING

Keep the following pitchers:   Tillman, Bundy, Gausman, (they must be better than they have looked and have little trade value), as well as Givens, Castro, Bleier.       Trade or release the rest of them.   Get some prospects for Brach, O'Day and Brittan.  Give Ubaldo a longer vacation.

INFIELD

Castillo gets traded for something.  Manny gets traded either now or in the offseason when we make him available and he works out a long term contract with some other team.   Flash can play 3rd base and Schoop moves to right field or third.   Tedaja stays at SS and Hardy plays the rest of the year. Giavanta plays 2nd base.  Andino and Janish fill out the infield.......  If somebody is will to pick up half of Davis's contract, we accept a good AA player in return.

OUTFIELD

Seith Smith-  trade him for a high potential single A player for 2020. 

Trumbo-   Sell.  Somebody will want the potential power.

Jones-  we keep him and he plays out his contract here and we then see about a club-friendly extension to finish out his career.

Manchini-   keep

Rickard -keep

Kim- keep and let him play more.  No need to look worse than we do to players from Japan or Taiwan.

Okay, that is my clean sweep.   We can expect to really move up in the draft and we should use every international signing slot for picking a player.  Even if we don't have any scouts out there,  I will spend the owner's money on players selected using any internet ranking blog.

I have 29 game season tickets.  I'm so discouraged that its hard to get up for going to the games because things are pretty hopeless.  I would be happy to go to games to root for up and coming players.     Where were the Cubs 5 years ago?

1 hour ago, 1968_bills_fan said:

we are 3 games ahead of the White Sox.    (O.o,

who are in last place in the AL.    Guys,  the fat lady not only has sung, but has sat down, drank half her bottle of Ripple and taken her shoes off.

Time to try to move almost everyone who can bring back a decent prospect.

PITCHING

Keep the following pitchers:   Tillman, Bundy, Gausman, (they must be better than they have looked and have little trade value), as well as Givens, Castro, Bleier.       Trade or release the rest of them.   Get some prospects for Brach, O'Day and Brittan.  Give Ubaldo a longer vacation.

INFIELD

Castillo gets traded for something.  Manny gets traded either now or in the offseason when we make him available and he works out a long term contract with some other team.   Flash can play 3rd base and Schoop moves to right field or third.   Tedaja stays at SS and Hardy plays the rest of the year. Giavanta plays 2nd base.  Andino and Janish fill out the infield.......  If somebody is will to pick up half of Davis's contract, we accept a good AA player in return.

OUTFIELD

Seith Smith-  trade him for a high potential single A player for 2020. 

Trumbo-   Sell.  Somebody will want the potential power.

Jones-  we keep him and he plays out his contract here and we then see about a club-friendly extension to finish out his career.

Manchini-   keep

Rickard -keep

Kim- keep and let him play more.  No need to look worse than we do to players from Japan or Taiwan.

Okay, that is my clean sweep.   We can expect to really move up in the draft and we should use every international signing slot for picking a player.  Even if we don't have any scouts out there,  I will spend the owner's money on players selected using any internet ranking blog.

I have 29 game season tickets.  I'm so discouraged that its hard to get up for going to the games because things are pretty hopeless.  I would be happy to go to games to root for up and coming players.     Where were the Cubs 5 years ago?

I'd be glad to be wrong, but these "clean sweep" proposals involving lots of deals are pipe dreams, IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v

Pipe dreams?  Maybe we can disagree on whether there is any market for  these marginal and some good players players and how much they might bring.  They are NOT getting the job done. Sticking with this crew is not going to do anything other than (at best) keeping us within sniffing distance of a wild card slot.  Th "use by date" on many of these is coming up soon.

Please consider the following.  There are a number of teams that are competitive and within realistic striking distance of making some noise in the playoffs.   If the players that I have mentioned are not of interest of those teams...... why should we keep expensive, ceiling-out players who are not worth a sniff from  near-playoff teams?  Why think that they are keepers- if you want to root for a team that perpetually struggles to finish at .500 as a goal, well be my guest.  Selling off the future, to salvage that for a few more years is not something that I want to be associated with.

If somebody who is not doing what we need brings a 50% odds-makes-the-majors player, who might 10% be a superior ML guy.... I so go for it and lets make life at least interesting.

1 hour ago, 1968_bills_fan said:

Pipe dreams?  Maybe we can disagree on whether there is any market for  these marginal and some good players players and how much they might bring.  They are NOT getting the job done. Sticking with this crew is not going to do anything other than (at best) keeping us within sniffing distance of a wild card slot.  Th "use by date" on many of these is coming up soon.

Please consider the following.  There are a number of teams that are competitive and within realistic striking distance of making some noise in the playoffs.   If the players that I have mentioned are not of interest of those teams...... why should we keep expensive, ceiling-out players who are not worth a sniff from  near-playoff teams?  Why think that they are keepers- if you want to root for a team that perpetually struggles to finish at .500 as a goal, well be my guest.  Selling off the future, to salvage that for a few more years is not something that I want to be associated with.

If somebody who is not doing what we need brings a 50% odds-makes-the-majors player, who might 10% be a superior ML guy.... I so go for it and lets make life at least interesting.

When I said these were pipe dreams, I meant that nothing like this is going to happen in the next 15 days. 

Archived