Deadline Deal Orioles Mega-Thread

weams

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, FlipTheBird said:

Not this time.

If Britton were in the final year of his contract, sure. Get him out of town. But if that's similar to what they were offering the O's, I'm not sure it wows me enough. Alexy and Davis are both longterm projects. Calhoun has a good bat but doesn't really have a position.

Many people saying all along they didn't want to deal Buehler or Verdugo.  

Just now, eddie83 said:

Many people saying all along they didn't want to deal Buehler or Verdugo.  

And they got the Rangers to bite. Definitely a good deadline for the Dodgers. Rare that teams stick to their guns on stuff like that.

With luck, Zach Britton pitches lights out baseball the rest of the season, and the O's can weigh the value of potentially trading him this offseason.

2 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

I am not a fan of the trade for Beckham.  He doesn't move the needle at all.   Is he really an upgrade to Tejada?   I guess I'm just not seeing it.

I guess it depends on how you feel about his June. He does have upside.

Just now, Roll Tide said:

Rangers' return for Darvish is Willie Calhoun, A.J. Alexy and Brendon Davis.

So they got 4,17, & 27 ..... However Calhoun wouldn;t have worked for us

No, he wouldn't have. It's one thing to acquire an OF prospect. It's another thing to acquire a bat that still may not be able to play OF, either.

17 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

meh not a particular great deal for the Rangers.

Darvish, is a free agent after this year. IF the Rangers offered him a Q/O and he signed elsewhere, the best the Rangers could get would be a pick in the 70-80 range. The three players may not be great, however they are better than a pick in that range.

Archived