Sell Tillman

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be willing to add Tillman to/with a trade of Britton to either the Astro's or Dodgers. Both teams need an extra arm. Hopefully this would allow us to get back (example only) a # 4 instead of a #5 and add something in the 20 range of prospects.

Note: we would be getting more for Britton, Tillman adds the little extra of above.

13 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

If Kershaw or Strasburg is out for any amount of time, how much would you give up for Tillman if you were their GM?

If they're replacing an ace like Kershaw/Strasburg, Tillman will not be their answer. Think Gray/Darvish.

Cory Kluber came back as a lottery ticket for Jake Westbrook.  If he pitches well next start I think a team may take a gamble on him.  I would take a guy like Oaks out of the Dodger system for him. I know Oaks isn't highly regarded but the guy gets people out and does not walk people 18 walks in 84 innings.

2 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Cory Kluber came back as a lottery ticket for Jake Westbrook.  If he pitches well next start I think a team may take a gamble on him.  I would take a guy like Oaks out of the Dodger system for him. I know Oaks isn't highly regarded but the guy gets people out and does not walk people 18 walks in 84 innings.

Oaks in his minor league career in 400 innings has only given up 9 homers and 71 walks.  He makes people put it in play and mostly on the ground.  At the very least he could be a nice bullpen arm if he can't start. 

If Tillman pitches well again Friday and we sell, it wouldn't shock me to see him get a nice return.  If the scouting/Statcast takeaway is that full Tillman is back, it's the other side of the Britton damaged goods coin.

I have some optimism for his second half feeling his health has been trending up.  I think his May return was a case of classic Orioles pushing their front line mainstays too hard (and God love them, they're all willing to try).

He doesn't have the club friendly deal Quintana does, but at the end of last year, I think GM's generally would have considered Tillman nearly as good for the 162-game haul, even if not someone you especially want up there in October.

3 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

I guess we did give up Arrieta and Strop for Scott Feldman. He would be a decent comp for Tillman if a team believes Tillman is now healthy.

I personally don't think that 2-3 decent starts is going to convince other teams to take a risk that everything is now OK with Tillman.    Feldman isn't analogous at all, he was in the midst of a typical Scott Feldman season (and continued to have one for us).    Tillman's been awful and IMO will bring back less than Miley did last year.

Archived