Realistically, fix the SP so we can contend down the stretch

ScGO's

55 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

I don't thing the sell off of the bullpen will take years to rebound from.  They can move Britton Brach Castillo, and Smith and still compete next year if they do it right.  Next year we will still have a very good core in Manny, Schoop, Mancini, Davis Trumbo, Bundy and Gausman.  They can resign Tilman if they like and still have a solid 3 starters.  If they can get one starter that is major league ready in the Britton or Brach deals that would allow us to sign just 1 starter to have a possible solid 5 man rotation.  We are 3 games out of wild card now manly because of Ubaldo and Tilman struggles.  If you can replace Ubaldo with an average starter and Tilman looks more like he has last few starts that would be a huge bump up.

Exactly which three starters this year are solid? Aside from Bundy, I don't think you could hardly call these three "solid." 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone think the phillies would trade eickoff or nola?

Their rebuild isn't going great so maybe they'd move on of these guys for more prospects. That would be a win now and help the future move for us

Hellickson Nava and eickoff  for reyes, peluffo, Akin

2 hours ago, pastorfan said:

Exactly which three starters this year are solid? Aside from Bundy, I don't think you could hardly call these three "solid." 

I'm not sure I'd call Bundy "solid." 4.53 ERA and heading north.

On 7/24/2017 at 9:52 AM, wildcard said:

DJ Stewart for RA Dickey

Tillman, Bundy, Gausman, Dickey and Bleier in the rotation.

8 man pen - Britton, Brach, Givens, O'Day, Hart, Castro, Miley and Ubaldo.

Kim DFA'd to make room.  He is traded for a no body and salary relief.

That's still a terrible rotation and nowhere near good enough to make the playoffs.

1 hour ago, FanSince88 said:

That's still a terrible rotation and nowhere near good enough to make the playoffs.

I think it would.   Gausman is pitching better. Tillman is finding his old form.   Bundy will need a little rest now and then and he probably can only go 5 at this point but he battles.  Dickey will give innings and with the O's defense will be a good addition.   Bleier will have to stretched out over three outings but he has shown promise to be able to get out majors league hitters.  

I think that rotation will get the O's to the playoff and may be pretty good in the playoffs considering the Buck will get Bundy rest in September with the minor league call ups.

5 hours ago, wildcard said:

I think it would.   Gausman is pitching better. Tillman is finding his old form.   Bundy will need a little rest now and then and he probably can only go 5 at this point but he battles.  Dickey will give innings and with the O's defense will be a good addition.   Bleier will have to stretched out over three outings but he has shown promise to be able to get out majors league hitters.  

I think that rotation will get the O's to the playoff and may be pretty good in the playoffs considering the Buck will get Bundy rest in September with the minor league call ups.

We would need healthy Kershaw and Pedro Martinez in his prime to make the playoffs at this point. 

Archived