ESPN insider O's trades

doctorbj

i won't copy the article by Dan Szymborskihttp://www.espn.com/mlb/insider/story/_/id/20155566/mlb-trade-deadline-deal-all-30-teams,but  two fascinating if improbable trades:

1. Nationals get Brach and Jones; O's get SS Carter Kieboom, LHP McKenzie Mills, LHP Tyler Watson

2.Diamondbacks get Zach Britton; O's get LHP Anthony Banda, SS Domingo Leyba, LHP Alex Young

i don't know the players but i am sure there will be a lot of comments.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, doctorbj said:

i won't copy the article by Dan Szymborskihttp://www.espn.com/mlb/insider/story/_/id/20155566/mlb-trade-deadline-deal-all-30-teams,but  two fascinating if improbable trades:

1. Nationals get Brach and Jones; O's get SS Carter Kieboom, LHP McKenzie Mills, LHP Tyler Watson

2.Diamondbacks get Zach Britton; O's get LHP Anthony Banda, SS Domingo Leyba, LHP Alex Young

i don't know the players but i am sure there will be a lot of comments.

IF that is all we would get for Britton I would just hold on to him and wait til the off season. The prospects are not even their top guys in a weak farm system.

9 minutes ago, doctorbj said:

The Diamondbacks' #4, 6 and 18 prospects including two LHP?  Please dear god let this happen!

Britton's stock is dropping.  Get what you can NOW before it's too late and you DFA him after the season.

3 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

The Diamondbacks' #4, 6 and 18 prospects including two LHP?  Please dear god let this happen!

Britton's stock is dropping.  Get what you can NOW before it's too late and you DFA him after the season.

None of those guys are really any good and have had poor years in the minors this year.  a 23 year old in AA with a mid 4 ERA.  A 24 year old in AAA with an ERA over 5. 

1 minute ago, bpilktree said:

None of those guys are really any good and have had poor years in the minors this year.  a 23 year old in AA with a mid 4 ERA.  A 24 year old in AAA with an ERA over 5. 

If the team non-tenders Britton after the season they get nothing for him.

And unless I see something different from him by the end of the season, the smart move is to non-tender him and invest that $15 million elsewhere.

11 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

But if they were Orioles prospects then they'd be future All-Stars, right?

Banda would be our top pitching prospect and I'd love to have Leyba in our system. 

Not sure how a SS who OPS'd .800 at AA at age 20 = not good. 

I'd temper the expectations for a Britton trade.

I would take that deal from the diamondbacks or if the dodgers offered Stewart, Oaks, and Verdugo or Calhoun

Britton has high value but its not Chapman/Milller value anymore

2 minutes ago, paulcoates said:

There is no way the Orioles non tender Britton

Depends on when it is determined that he needs TJ surgery, or has otherwise serious injury that puts 2018 season in jeopardy. Lets face it he took 3 months off and still is not right. They should get what they can get rather than paying him 13+ million in arbitration and watching him be injured again for all or most of next season

1 minute ago, ArtVanDelay said:

But if they were Orioles prospects then they'd be future All-Stars, right?

Banda would be our top pitching prospect and I'd love to have Leyba in our system. 

No we don't have ay pitching prospects at that level but that does not mean these guys are any good.  If you go to a club you don't just take home the fat girl and say well it is better then i have at home. 

Just now, bpilktree said:

No we don't have ay pitching prospects at that level but that does not mean these guys are any good.  If you go to a club you don't just take home the fat girl and say well it is better then i have at home. 

Fat girls and leyba. This is my kind of thread.

6 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Szymborski is an O's fan.  I doubt he'd propose a trade where the O's are getting screwed.

Archived