vs. ROYALS, 8/02

OFFNY

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, MDK02 said:

I always liked Hellickson's relaxed wind up. 

How's he looking? I only caught the first inning. I wasn't a fan of the wind-up, looks like he is showing the ball way too soon. Also wasn't digging those 90mph fastballs. But box score looks good so far, so I'm hopeful

2 minutes ago, Natty said:

9 pitch inning by Helly.

o

JEREMROBERHELLCKSON

JEREMROBERHELLCKSON

JEREMROBERHELLCKSON

JEREMROBERHELLCKSON

JEREMROBERHELLCKSON

JEREMROBERHELLCKSON

JEREMROBERHELLCKSON

o

2 minutes ago, 99ct said:

How's he looking? I only caught the first inning. I wasn't a fan of the wind-up, looks like he is showing the ball way too soon. Also wasn't digging those 90mph fastballs. But box score looks good so far, so I'm hopeful

He throws strikes, which instantly puts him ahead of Ubaldo, Miley, Tillman, and possibly Gausman.

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

Hellickson leads the American League in ERA.

I think that he should be in the discussion for the Cy Young Award.

o

o

And his WHIP is 0.750.

This guy is underrated.

o

4 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Cleveland will have had a late night in Fenway... their game hasn't started yet due to rain.

You know with both teams in contention and their only trip in town they will want to get that one in. Last year remember the Tigers could have wound up playing Game 162 the Monday after the season. 

7 minutes ago, 99ct said:

He mixes his pitches really well, doesn't need to throw mid 90s consistently. Has a nice breaking pitch going tonight from what I've seen so far.

Just now, eddie83 said:

You know with both teams in contention and their only trip in town they will want to get that one in. Last year remember the Tigers could have wound up playing Game 162 the Monday after the season. 

I see a 9:45 starting time listed on a sports betting site.   Those folks stay on top of that kind of info because they need to know exactly when to take the game off the board when it starts... don't want to see a quick bloop and a blast and still have bettors able to plunk down some money on the team that has taken the lead.

1 minute ago, MDK02 said:

He mixes his pitches really well, doesn't need to throw mid 90s consistently. Has a nice breaking pitch going tonight from what I've seen so far.

His curve ball really impresses me. Sharp downward break, and he's kept it down and close to the hitters.

Now he'll probably hang one. >:(

Archived