Well, that moved my needle

Frobby

I read that Verlander has a complete no trade clause in his contract (and is probably 10-5 anyway?). So he would have to approve any trade and would probably want a sweetener to say yes. If he said no, then can Detroit just pass him along to a new team on a waiver claim if he has a no trade clause? So few "senior" players get passed to another team on a waiver claim (and not a trade associated with waiver claim) that I have no idea how this works. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

I read that Verlander has a complete no trade clause in his contract (and is probably 10-5 anyway?). So he would have to approve any trade and would probably want a sweetener to say yes. If he said no, then can Detroit just pass him along to a new team on a waiver claim if he has a no trade clause? So few "senior" players get passed to another team on a waiver claim (and not a trade associated with waiver claim) that I have no idea how this works. 

I read that  Verlander can even block a waiver claim.  Can anyone verify that?

2 hours ago, Ohfan67 said:

10/5 gives him the right to essentially block any move out of Detroit, no matter how it happens. Including waiver claim/or of he passes through.

2 hours ago, TradeAngelos said:

10/5 gives him the right to essentially block any move out of Detroit, no matter how it happens. Including waiver claim/or of he passes through.

Thanks. Then he's going nowhere for sure IMO. 

Archived