6 man rotation

Grt 2BA FL Gator

I didn't get to watch last night's start so I am watching now. I saw the stat on Hellickson with  normal rest vs. an extra day. He's dramatically better with extra rest (as I believe a lot of guys are). 

I've seen it discussed some around here, but what are thoughts on 6 man rotation? It seems to make some sense, especially as taxing as pitching is. What holds it back aside from convention? I feel like the stars could align with us this year and perhaps each guy could benefit (aside from Gausman). 

As much as the NBA plays with rest nowadays, you'd think pitchers could benefit from it as well with as much injuries as we see. 

I think we'll learn tonight whether or not Tillman is actually healthy. He seemed to lie about his shoulder straight to Castillo during his last start, and he's lied about his health to the Orioles before. It's a pattern that he's absolutely guilty of. 

So... we'll see. IMO the man should be on the DL, but he did have two good starts before his last one.

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

I think we'll learn tonight whether or not Tillman is actually healthy. He seemed to lie about his shoulder straight to Castillo during his last start, and he's lied about his health to the Orioles before. It's a pattern that he's absolutely guilty of. 

So... we'll see. IMO the man should be on the DL, but he did have two good starts before his last one.

I agree about Tillman. I wish we could shut him down and sign him to a one year deal for next year. 

We can't keep going with a 6 man rotation.   We are facing a roster crunch and carrying too many pitchers right now.

Flaherty -- will come off DL any day now

Hardy -- will come off DL August 18

Santander -- will come off DL sometime between now and August 18

Trumbo -- will come off DL at some point.

Obviously Gentry will be one casualty, and likely Tejada.  That still leaves two more roster spots that we will have to create for the remainder of August before the rosters expand.

30 minutes ago, SteveA said:

We can't keep going with a 6 man rotation.   We are facing a roster crunch and carrying too many pitchers right now.

Flaherty -- will come off DL any day now

Hardy -- will come off DL August 18

Santander -- will come off DL sometime between now and August 18

Trumbo -- will come off DL at some point.

Obviously Gentry will be one casualty, and likely Tejada.  That still leaves two more roster spots that we will have to create for the remainder of August before the rosters expand.

True. I just wonder some time if allowing for starters to pitch a little less would be better for the game and their health. I definitely think something needs to be done on a general baseball level. 

1 hour ago, Roy Firestone said:

He"seemed" to lie and "absolutely guilty" are not consistent. I think you are speculating and assigning guilt. Tillman says he feels fine, but his performances show something isn't right.Or maybe he's just hit the wall as a ballplayer.

He's lied before. I'm not saying I'm offended by it or anything, I'm saying it's true that he's done it in the past. He's admitted as much, in so many words. It is what it is, he's a stubborn athlete.

Archived