Today is the biggest start of Gausman's career

Diehard_O's_Fan

39 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

We could have had Kevin pitch a 2 hitter with 2 runs scored and would never have sniffed a win. Poor offense more than a poor pitching performance ...

o

Gausman was OK today. Not great, not awful.

What really stings for me is games like his previous one in which he threw 7 innings of 1-run ball, and the otherwise very reliable Mychal Givens blew it in the 8th.

o

42 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

We could have had Kevin pitch a 2 hitter with 2 runs scored and would never have sniffed a win. Poor offense more than a poor pitching performance...

Agreed.    Hopefully the bats wake up in Oakland.  

6 hours ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

Kevin Gausman has to step up today. We need him to absolutely dominate. It is the biggest start of his career if you ask me. The Orioles have to win today. The loss last night was absolutely devastating especially since we got beat by an ex Oriole.

Oh well another loss. 

On 8/9/2017 at 7:16 PM, sportsfan8703 said:

Dempsey killed Gausman/Castillo's gameplan today. I'm starting to buy into this catcher ERA stat. 

On 8/9/2017 at 7:21 PM, eddie83 said:

He kept harping that he was going inside too much.  

Honestly, Dempsey is all about ex post facto justification for the result.    Just once I'd like to hear him say after a starter allows 2 runs in 7 innings, "they had a lousy game plan but got away with it," or after a bad start, "they called a good game but didn't get the breaks."    The guy had all but declared Castillo the catching equivalent of Mozart when we were winning in April and early May.

53 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Honestly, Dempsey is all about ex post facto justification for the result.    Just once I'd like to hear him say after a starter allows 2 runs in 7 innings, "they had a lousy game plan but got away with it," or after a bad start, "they called a good game but didn't get the breaks."    The guy had all but declared Castillo the catching equivalent of Mozart when we were winning in April and early May.

Yea I remember early in the season people ragging on MW saying how much better of a game Castillo called. So which is it? 

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Signalling for the curve:

April-fools-classical-composers-rap-batt

Archived