Turn Out the Lights

weams

1 hour ago, Norfolk orioles said:

We've been under .500 for 120 games.

why would we start playing .600 ball out of the blue?

Are we still not running Miley and Ubaldo out there?

Our other 3 pitchers would need to be perfect.

Its just not going to happen.

You are arguing a different point than everyone else.  You say it won't happen and no one here is overly disagreeing.  It CAN happen and that is different.   Lets say the O's went 25-16 the rest of the way.  That is 84 wins and would be about the avg of Bucks Sept history here...

The point you and others miss is that as bad as it looks, it's not like it would take otherworldly outcomes.  If the Orioles play the O's simply repeated their first 41 games for example...

They were 25-16...you could look it up as they say!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, foxfield said:

You are arguing a different point than everyone else.  You say it won't happen and no one here is overly disagreeing.  It CAN happen and that is different.   Lets say the O's went 25-16 the rest of the way.  That is 84 wins and would be about the avg of Bucks Sept history here...

The point you and others miss is that as bad as it looks, it's not like it would take otherworldly outcomes.  If the Orioles play the O's simply repeated their first 41 games for example...

They were 25-16...you could look it up as they say!

I like your optimism and if I were Buck or one of the players, I'd run with that and not look back. But as a fan, they've broken my cheerful outlook. They've been 34-46 since that jackrabbit start. I'll be pulling hard, but I'm not expecting anything.  

27 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

I like your optimism and if I were Buck or one of the players, I'd run with that and not look back. But as a fan, they've broken my cheerful outlook. They've been 34-46 since that jackrabbit start. I'll be pulling hard, but I'm not expecting anything.  

You sir are right with me. ;) 

I have never said I expect the above!  I just cant really see why it cant happen.  So until it doesn't...and were gonna watch anyway...\_( )_/.  Imagine!

On 8/16/2017 at 8:02 PM, Can_of_corn said:

I'm watching baseball because I love baseball not because I think the Orioles have a shot this year.

That's pretty much me. I'm not going to stop watching of course, but I haven't believed in this team since June so this is no real surprise to me. They are who they are and that's about a .500 team give or take some games.

18 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

That's pretty much me. I'm not going to stop watching of course, but I haven't believed in this team since June so this is no real surprise to me. They are who they are and that's about a .500 team give or take some games.

Also baseball is a good diversion from everything else going on.

2 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Also baseball is a good diversion from everything else going on.

True. I have noticed that I don't watch the game with nearly the attention I did when they looked like they had all the cylinders going. The game is on, but it's 2nd or 3rd in my attention these days. Background entertainment. And I've lived and died with the O's since '69. I went from '09 (my first year having any kind of non-local TV) to early this year with not missing a game on MASN. Now I'll miss a whole inning and just go back and read the Gameday feed to see what I missed. The streakiness and the bad pitching just broke my devotion to every hiccup of the O's. 

49 minutes ago, Black Bat said:

Just as a reminder, this is the team that YOU wanted.  YOU wanted to retain Davis, Trumbo and the other strikeout kings vice a rebuild and argued against anyone/everyone who didn't agree.  And now you claim the fan's souls have left the building.  That's rich. 

When did I advocate for Davis? Ever. Rebuilding is not that same as being against Davis. I have wanted to make the most of the team that we have had and not punt it. So don't give me that. 

49 minutes ago, Black Bat said:

Just as a reminder, this is the team that YOU wanted.  YOU wanted to retain Davis, Trumbo and the other strikeout kings vice a rebuild and argued against anyone/everyone who didn't agree.  And now you claim the fan's souls have left the building.  That's rich. 

And Yes, I am a fan of power strike out guys that are good. And not overpaid. Not striking out is an over emphasized issue. 

52 minutes ago, Black Bat said:

I also never advocating giving up and rebuilding before it was time. It's time. I am the person who said that if they were seven games under .500 they should trade every one of them. 

11 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Yup

Starting pitching.

Archived