Serious question: would hypnosis help Chris Davis?

Frobby

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Black Bat said:

Did Chuck take any sort of action toward remedying this?  What's the point here?  What did you do? 

Some here are claiming "pressure" but aren't pointing to what that so-called pressure could be.  Nothing has changed in his environment.  Same team, same manager, most of the same players, same stadium, home, fans.  In fact, far higher monetary security.  Where are these diagnoses coming from, exactly?

Not really a point related to the original topic. I just felt lead to look up some information based on Tx Oriole's comments.

On 8/17/2017 at 7:24 AM, Tony-OH said:

I'd try a witch doctor, a shaman, a priest (exorcist), a christian scientist or anything else at this point. The guy is losing us ball games. It's not that I think this team is a playoff team, I don't, but he's become an absolute albatross with Buck insistence of batting him in the middle of the order and not pinch hitting him in key situations late in games with a clearly better options available.  

Let's face it, Adderall free Davis is not good.

https://www.nootropedia.com/adderall-alternatives/

Very even-handed.

https://www.drugs.com/answers/switched-adderall-vyvanse-929064.html

Downsides

If you are between the ages of 18 and 60, take no other medication or have no other medical conditions, side effects you are more likely to experience include:

• Insomnia (inability to sleep), headache, dry mouth, loss of appetite, nervousness, and nausea are the most common side effects.
  • May also cause heart palpitations, constipation and other GI disturbances, weight loss, changes in libido, alopecia (hair loss), elevated blood pressure and muscle twitching, stiffness, or tightness.
  • High potential for dependence especially when administered for long periods of time.
  •  

If Chris Davis takes ADHD, he would be seeing a psychiatrist or doctor of internal medicine who would administer and monitor the drug and make changes as needed.  This is something for his quality of life and not done to help him see the ball or focus for extended periods of time. As someone with ADHD and who played baseball for 20 years, I can relate to the challenges CD faces.  People with ADHD that are non-medicated or not medicated properly do suffer from periods of lost focus, but they also have periods where they are hyper focused.  The medication seeks to even things out.  Considering the care and medical attention he gets coupled with the fact that he has regular visits to the above mentioned doctors who review his medication routinely before giving him every prescription, I highly doubt that his deficiencies at the plate are due to His medication.  His eyes may be another story, but I'm guessing he gets those checked regularly.  I think CD's problems are linked to his confidence and his proficiency to fall into bad habits.  I also question his baseball acumen as it relates to making adjustments at the plate.  I don't know the man, but based on what I do know about him and my experience, I think that's where the problems lie.  Unfortunately, this is two years of subpar performance and he seems to be trending downhill.  I worry that he may never replicate the success he once had and no magic cure exists to help him.

On 8/17/2017 at 8:47 AM, Roll Tide said:

If you've ever had ADD, and other similar issue. You'd know that each medication effects people differently and sometimes have adverse side effects. 

The fact that Adderral seemed to work well for him is the right outcome if you are a doctor. It could take years to find something else and maybe it doesn't happen.

I never took meds. Neurotherapy is what helped me. This is why

Meth-or-Adderall.jpeg

Archived