What is the Most $$ the O's SHOULD Offer Manny?

TonySoprano

2 hours ago, maybenxtyr said:

And you say good bye. As good as Trout has been he still has zero rings. Stanton was at one time the highest paid and zero rings. Kershaw...the same. 

I don't want to take anything away from Manny but it takes more than one guy in baseball. 

Back in track though, I would offer 10 at 25 million, with incentives of 2.5 million per MVP, and a lesser amount for GG's. After they shoot you down I would move him as soon as possible this off season.

I don't think he will be open to any offer now.  Too late.  If I am Manny, there is no way I am not going to free agency at this point.  Really, why should he not? The Orioles should have done that kind of offer last winter, maybe, but I think the window was even narrow at that point.   We could have extended him big time at a bargain cost after the second knee surgery, but had no guts.  

So, trade him, but we are going to get a lot less in return this winter than we would have gotten last winter that's for sure. 

3 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

I don't think he will be open to any offer now.  Too late.  If I am Manny, there is no way I am not going to free agency at this point.  Really, why should he? The Orioles should have done that kind of offer last winter, maybe, but I think the window was even narrow at that point.   We could have extended him big time at a bargain cost after the second knee surgery, but had no guts.  

So, trade him, but we are going to get a lot less in return this winter than we would have gotten last winter that's for sure. 

I agree with your assessment. I'm at a point in my mind where he will be leaving after next season. I have enjoyed his time in Baltimore though.

I think you start with how much you think he will be worth in production  over 10 years,. I think an average of 5 W per is reasonable assuming health, so 400 M and it could quite possibly be higher. So I would offer 10 years AAV of 37 M with an opt out at 5 years, 7 M per year deferred. It would be back loaded so he makes more AAV after the 5th year.

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

At 10/$350mm I'm in.   At 10/$400mm I'm out.     At 10/$375 I'm choking on what to do.    

I'm in all the way up to 10/375. I think an opt out after 5 years would be a win/win for both parties.

Archived