vs. Mariners, 8/30 Day Game

weams

Just now, El Gordo said:

Did I mention that I hate Ubaldo?

Why? I am at the game and it looked to me like we had good ubaldo. He had what five outs in this inning?  He's always on the verge of being in trouble but If the ump calls strike three we have strike em out and grow em out and no runs. Then a ball hits the bag. No way should it have been more than two runs if he's not unlucky as hell. 

Buck confuses the hell out of me. last time ubaldo pitched he wouldn't take him out when everyone with a brain wanted him out. Today buck goes with a short hook. 

Facts are buck buck has his favorites and that's that. 

What happened with that fly ball? I was watching Beckham and realized he wasn't catching it.  Did Jones just screw around? 

Being doen for two isn't a big deal . Six two is. 

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game is not over, but was it necessary to start Jimenez when you are trying to get to the playoffs? How many chances do you give a player? Same thing applies to Tillman. I can't believe they cannot find two pitchers in AAA who could not be more effective than those two.

2 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Nelson Cruz hit a double play ball with one out and the bases loaded ...... but the ball hit the 2nd base bag and bounced away from the middle infielders, and instead of getting out of the inning with a 2-0 lead intact, the Mariners got a 2-run single on that play, and eventually added 4 more.

From one extreme to the other.

o

I don't think they would've got two out of it

Honestly this is on Buck and Duquette.  That Ubaldo is good for stretches that no one can predict still does not justify running him out there.   In 2014 the last time the rotation was good he was benched and rotation was immediately better.   He is a momentum killing demoralizing presence.   If you don't care about winning or your team or your fans then you pitch him.    Smart teams see him as sunk cost,  devalued asset and cut their losses.  It isn't like we don't have enough information at this stage. 

Just now, Uli2001 said:

Game is not over, but was it necessary to start Jimenez when you are trying to get to the playoffs? How many chances do you give a player? Same thing applies to Tillman. I can't believe they cannot find two pitchers in AAA who could not be more effective than those two.

Don't even need to go to AAA for two pitchers. Just start Castro with a 4 - 5 inning limit. He's coming into the game anyway, so why not start him and then fill in with relievers using the expanded roster?

Beckham? I was watching him but wonder where school was? I was watching Beckham the whole time and never thought he was going to get it. I'm in right field and thought "he's not running for that ball. It must be Jones ball." I can't believe an infielder was supposed to get it . I'd say Jones 

2 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

I really hope they are exploring getting M Gon. Ubaldo is a great guy and all but he is like a festering sore that you keep ignoring until it gets infected and kills you. He, and to a lesser extent Tillman, are going to sink this season. 

6 minutes ago, TheDirtyBird said:

Another game where the offense has to bail the starter out. Please shelve Ubaldo and Tillman

I disagree. We need a six man rotation as hellickson and bundy are way better on extra rest. Tillman is getting closer and ubaldo was just unlucky today. Pitched fine. 

that being said  I wouldn't be surprised is that's ubaldo last game for us. 

Can someone rewind it and it and tell me what Jones was doing on the pop up? 

5 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Nelson Cruz hit a double play ball with one out and the bases loaded ...... but the ball hit the 2nd base bag and bounced away from the middle infielders, and instead of getting out of the inning with a 2-0 lead intact, the Mariners got a 2-run single on that play, and eventually added 4 more.

From one extreme to the other.

o

If it was not this inning, it would be the next. Who put the runners on, and who let ball after ball in play? He may be a good guy, but he is a terrible pitcher.

7 minutes ago, Herman said:

I'm convinced that Ubaldo has pictures of Buck or Duquette. That's the only explanation.

o

I'm convinced that you only came strolling along because of that disastrous half inning.

You last posted in the game thread on August 22nd, and you were too busy to have anything to say during the Orioles' 6-game winning streak.

o

Archived